• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ANYDVD creating ISO File too large to burn onto DVD

70GB iso, not really. an iso retains the file structure of the original disc. Even if it had structural protection, the max would still be a 8.5GB ISO. An oversized rip only comes into play if you do a simple file copy via windows explorer on a structurally protected disc

Except that you could wind up with a 70GB ISO for one DVD - LOL

Wow. Could you explain that please?

Edit: Nevermind. Just saw Ch3vron's explanation.

If you don't want to use CloneDVD so badly to make the ISO's - Just rip to folder and use IMGBurn to convert it to ISO

It's not that I don't want to use it so badly, it's just that I'm already ripping Blu Ray discs using AnyDVD. Just easier to back up the DVDs to iso with the same one-step process.

And for what I'm using the backup for, which is computer viewing, I don't think there's any harm. Someone correct me if it's bad for that use as well.

Yeah, I use CloneDVD all the time. Mostly for re-mastering DVDs when needed.

So using AnyDVD rip to folder is completely ok for DVDs?

T

Wow. Could you explain that please?

Edit: Nevermind. Just saw Ch3vron's explanation.

It's not that I don't want to use it so badly, it's just that I'm already ripping Blu Ray discs using AnyDVD. Just easier to back up the DVDs to iso with the same one-step process.

And for what I'm using the backup for, which is computer viewing, I don't think there's any harm. Someone correct me if it's bad for that use as well.

Yeah, I use CloneDVD all the time. Mostly for re-mastering DVDs when needed.

So using AnyDVD rip to folder is completely ok for DVDs?

T
Yes, for a DVD, that is the recommended method.

:)

Yes, for a DVD, that is the recommended method.

Thanks whatever_gong2.

Your link there for "reason why DVDs can't be ripped into ISO" told me everything I needed to know and more (lol).

It does say there that rip to image is probably ok for just mounting the iso in VCD.

In the rare instance I need to burn a DVD from the iso, I could mount the iso and use CloneDVD at that point.

BUT, just for grins, the next time I have a batch of discs to backup, I'll try using rip to folder for the DVDs instead.

Appreciate your input.

T

Yes, and you were in the middle of that because of Shrink.

I'm not too sure is this forum is archived from opening day. The oldest posts I'm seeing (in multiple sections) are from 1/28/2007.
The first post I see about Saw III is also on 1/28/2007 but it sounds like there was already a little history then. So we might not have the boards archived from "Day One" per-se.
The first post I see from ME regarding Saw III is in General Chat on 1/30/2007 and it goes on (and on) from there.... LOL
-W

Last edited:
Back