• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD bombs at 92% on newer software?

NMTVer

:confused:Has any body noticed the following behavior with AnyDVD and AnyDVDHD when writing .iso's -
Lately (2-3 months) I have been getting 'Can not read sector XXXXX' at 90% to 94% pecent on certain disc's when writing .iso's. I only do iso's as I use hardware iso players. I have thought it was my DVD, so I got a new one. Not the problem. I started a virtual machine and installed an older version of AnyDVD (6503 was the oldest I had archived) and it decrypted to an iso with no problem. I installed 6860 on the virtual and it failed at 92%. I know Slysoft discourges iso decrypts but I did not know why - perhaps the iso decryption is not keeping up with the rest of the decrypts? Any feedback much appreciated.

Thanks

They are working on the ISO thing.
For now - rip to FOLDER - then you can convert that folder to an ISO.

-W

:confused:Has any body noticed the following behavior with AnyDVD and AnyDVDHD when writing .iso's -
Lately (2-3 months) I have been getting 'Can not read sector XXXXX' at 90% to 94% pecent on certain disc's when writing .iso's. I only do iso's as I use hardware iso players. I have thought it was my DVD, so I got a new one. Not the problem. I started a virtual machine and installed an older version of AnyDVD (6503 was the oldest I had archived) and it decrypted to an iso with no problem. I installed 6860 on the virtual and it failed at 92%. I know Slysoft discourges iso decrypts but I did not know why - perhaps the iso decryption is not keeping up with the rest of the decrypts? Any feedback much appreciated.

Thanks

Did you contact Slysoft with the problem you were having creating iso that would get a faster feedback and support to fix the problem.

you're not supposed to rip dvd's to iso's with anydvd. Remember the warning box? I suggest you READ it. Rip to folder structure then convert to ISO or use CloneDVD2 to make the iso

:bowdown:I have been ripping DVD's to iso's with Anydvd for years - The problem is new within the last few months. I noted when the "warning" came out in software releases that iso's were not the prefered rip. I will rip to iso's as long as the software will let me, but thanks all for the feedback.

Support path

:agree:As for reporting the iso ripping behaviour to Slysoft support, I thought this forum was the place for that.

Suit urself, don't come crying if there's structural protection & other things left on the backup and it won't play. You have been warned

For future reference, the regular AnyDVD app has a setting that warns people not to use the rip to iso image option.

So, if anyone like the OP wants to create an iso image, either

1) use AnyDVD's rip to hard disk option (then use whatever program you have to create an iso) or

2) Use CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD.

Here's a couple of reasons why people shouldn't use the rip to image method on DVDs:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=328

Question: When should I use "rip to image"?

Answer

a) With dvds, probably never

b) If you just want to mount an .iso in Virtual Clonedrive, and watch the movie, then "rip to image" is probably fine.

The resulting rip from dvds containing structural protection when using "rip to image" may not be compliant with a lot of third party programs. So "rip to video-dvd to hardisk" is preferable. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992. For Blu-rays it doesn't mattter. For dvds, it can matter (a lot).

"Rip to image" should typically not be used with dvds; that feature was implemented mostly for Blu-ray and HD-DVD users. And it's no coincidence that Blu-rays and HD-DVDs do not contain structural protection.

Also, here's a post by the mod DrinkLyeAndDie from last November that sheds more light on why you shouldn't use the rip to image method:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=286955&postcount=4

Attachments

• AnyDVD_rip_To_Image_Error.jpg
    AnyDVD_rip_To_Image_Error.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyDVD_rip_To_Image_Error_1.jpg
    AnyDVD_rip_To_Image_Error_1.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 4
Back