• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD and simple backup (no transcription)

DRDJ

Simple question from a noob: If I just want to simply transfer the VIDEO_TS/AUDO_TS files to HD to eliminate the yards of shelf space taken up by my DVDs (and disk space is no issue) - it seems based on some simple tests that all I need is AnyDVD and a script to copy the contents of these 2 directories (DOS copy command!). Correct or am I missing something?

A little fancier... if I check the "remove annoying adverts and trailers" option in AnyDVD does this affect copying using the file system?

Thanks!

Simple question from a noob: If I just want to simply transfer the VIDEO_TS/AUDO_TS files to HD to eliminate the yards of shelf space taken up by my DVDs (and disk space is no issue) - it seems based on some simple tests that all I need is AnyDVD and a script to copy the contents of these 2 directories (DOS copy command!). Correct or am I missing something?

A little fancier... if I check the "remove annoying adverts and trailers" option in AnyDVD does this affect copying using the file system?

Thanks!

That won't work properly with discs containing structural protection. You must right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar, and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

if I check the "remove annoying adverts and trailers" option in AnyDVD does this affect copying using the file system?

Yes, and that feature may make some backups unplayable

Thanks for the info, hadn't run across a DVD with structural protection yet in my testing...
Are there any advantages to also having CloneDVD with AnyDVD or is the AnyDVD "copy" sufficient for my needs (no transcription/no need to downsize, etc.)?

Thanks for the info, hadn't run across a DVD with structural protection yet in my testing...
Are there any advantages to also having CloneDVD with AnyDVD or is the AnyDVD "copy" sufficient for my needs (no transcription/no need to downsize, etc.)?

You can remove unwanted material before ripping with Clonedvd, and Clonedvd also rips faster than Anydvd.

Also.... you don't need the AUDIO_TS folder at all - But the AnyDVD ripper already knows that.

-W

It did seem faster (trial edition at the moment).

BTW, a little feedback: over the past couple of days I have evaluated several solutions for this, including DVDCloner, DVDFab, IMToo, DVD Ripper, and maybe a few more that I went through quickly... overall AnyDVD/CloneDVD is as fast and somewhat more robust (no weird glitches having to eject and re-insert DVDs, etc.).

So SlySoft it is (I'll pay my money now!). One thing for my wish-list: I have a lot of DVDs collected (which is why I'm doing this- too much bookshelf space taken by DVD boxes), and since I'm always getting more it'd be realy nice to be able to script this process (creating a top level directory of the movie name, starting the clone with new destination path, etc.). Something I could then associate with the insert of a DVD into the computer I'm using to rip with (as opposed to play)... any chance for a command-line/script access?
Exposure to PowerShell would rock, but even a *nix style load of cmdline switches would be cool and from what I've seen of the market, something that would set SlySoft apart if done completely & well.

It did seem faster (trial edition at the moment).

BTW, a little feedback: over the past couple of days I have evaluated several solutions for this, including DVDCloner, DVDFab, IMToo, DVD Ripper, and maybe a few more that I went through quickly... overall AnyDVD/CloneDVD is as fast and somewhat more robust (no weird glitches having to eject and re-insert DVDs, etc.).

So SlySoft it is (I'll pay my money now!). One thing for my wish-list: I have a lot of DVDs collected (which is why I'm doing this- too much bookshelf space taken by DVD boxes), and since I'm always getting more it'd be realy nice to be able to script this process (creating a top level directory of the movie name, starting the clone with new destination path, etc.). Something I could then associate with the insert of a DVD into the computer I'm using to rip with (as opposed to play)... any chance for a command-line/script access?
Exposure to PowerShell would rock, but even a *nix style load of cmdline switches would be cool and from what I've seen of the market, something that would set SlySoft apart if done completely & well.

I don't work for Slysoft, but I'll make sure that James reads your comments.

Back