• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD and full UHD backups (Lionsgate)

walstib

Hi all -

Have a couple backups created with MakeMKV - Lionsgate titles, which use some title obfuscation and as full backups, played as a full disc in [pick your player that supports it], either does not work or chooses the wrong playlist file (mpls).

Obviously I can create MKVs from the appropriate playlist once idfentified, but what I am really after is any way to fix it such that the full disc backup removes this copy-protection and plays back the correct title, without having to have any further internet connection to do so.

I am curious if AnyDVD can support this or not. I would assume there's something going on with the java code here that makes this work, but I don't want to get into decompiling/messing with that although some posts online indicate it is possible...

Thanks

For this you should create one or two logs from these (the original) discs, so the devs can look at them and see if they could do anything.

AnyDVD can support UHD's with playlist obfuscation yes, but it's a secondary process. The primary one is the UHD itself must be able to be decrypted in genenal (leaving the obfuscation intact). Once that's done the secondary process of removing the playlist obfuscation can be done. Either way, first step towards that is posting a logfile so @James and @Pete can take a look

AnyDVD can support UHD's with playlist obfuscation yes, but it's a secondary process. The primary one is the UHD itself must be able to be decrypted in genenal (leaving the obfuscation intact). Once that's done the secondary process of removing the playlist obfuscation can be done. Either way, first step towards that is posting a logfile so @James and @Pete can take a look

Thanks. Before I purchase AnyDVD and post log files, I'd like to know: once the process is completed - will I end up with a full DISC backup (I backup to folders, not ISO, but I can give on that point), and will that backup disc no longer need any sort of internet connection to select the correct title? I play my media on HTPC (JRiver Media Center) and DUNE 4K Max Vision players - which support full menus, etc.... So what I am after is essentially: a full disc backup, with playlist obfuscation removed and no further internet connection required for further/continued processing at playback.

Hi all -
Obviously I can create MKVs from the appropriate playlist once idfentified, but what I am really after is any way to fix it such that the full disc backup removes this copy-protection and plays back the correct title, without having to have any further internet connection to do so.

I am curious if AnyDVD can support this or not.
Yes, it does.

Thanks. Before I purchase AnyDVD and post log files, I'd like to know: once the process is completed - will I end up with a full DISC backup (I backup to folders, not ISO, but I can give on that point), and will that backup disc no longer need any sort of internet connection to select the correct title? I play my media on HTPC (JRiver Media Center) and DUNE 4K Max Vision players - which support full menus, etc.... So what I am after is essentially: a full disc backup, with playlist obfuscation removed and no further internet connection required for further/continued processing at playback.
Sure. Why don't you try the AnyDVD demo/trial?

Thanks. Before I purchase AnyDVD and post log files, I'd like to know: once the process is completed - will I end up with a full DISC backup (I backup to folders, not ISO, but I can give on that point),

(UHD) BD's recommended ripping option is ISO, as it keeps certain disc layout optimizations intact. Ripping to folder removes that.
and will that backup disc no longer need any sort of internet connection to select the correct title?
Once decrypted i believe a network connection is no longer required, but to DO the decrypting of any uhd anydvd does require a network connection. No exceptions

I play my media on HTPC (JRiver Media Center) and DUNE 4K Max Vision players - which support full menus, etc.... So what I am after is essentially: a full disc backup, with playlist obfuscation removed and no further internet connection required for further/continued processing at playback.

Yup anydvd can do all that, on the condition that the uhd bd is supported itself. There's no guarantee any uhd title ever will be supported (which is why anydvd doesn't officially support uhd's on the product page), titles can be supported in a matter of days there's titles on the unsupported title list, that have been on that list for over 2 years (hint: nr 7 under the section "extended period")

Thanks all - this tells me what I need. I'll give the demo a try and see if it works.

First test - Chaos Walking (UHD) - full folder rip plays back perfectly in Media Center (JRiver). I will also validate the Dune 4K Max.

Next to rip Kinves Out and give it a go.

-

Thanks for extending my trial. Hopefully US Credit cards are fixed soon...

First test - Chaos Walking (UHD) - full folder rip plays back perfectly in Media Center (JRiver). I will also validate the Dune 4K Max.

Next to rip Kinves Out and give it a go.

-

Thanks for extending my trial. Hopefully US Credit cards are fixed soon...
ISOS together with Virtual CloneDrive are highly recommended. Creation is usually faster, too.

Thanks for the note and appreciate the support!

Both movies playback perfectly now in the two players that I use. I've other discs from that studio that I need to check.

Will wait it out a bit and see if CCs become available for US customers again... else it's BC I guess.

Back