• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.5.5.5 file size and no MD5

Yeah or Nay on MD5 checksum value in changelog for 'SetupAnyDVDxxxx.exe' file

• Yeah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frankenstien

Just pulled down AnyDVD 6.5.5.5 from http://www.slysoft.com/download.html ...

Initially, the file size was billed as 6,621KB ... now I see it says 4,620KB.

What I got was 4,731,544 bytes or 4,621KB or 4.51MB.

So ... now my concerns about the file size are moot ...

however, would it be possible to get the MD5 checksum value for the file added to the changelog where it can easily be referenced and checked?

Thanks, FFF

No need for that.

The file size was not changed from the previous official version 6549 and since we removed a piece we had previously inserted, the size should have gone back to 4MB+ and this has since been fixed. Sorry to have confused you.

Themida (is that spelled correctly? lol!) got removed I believe, as this caused problems with other users' machines.
Their antivirus programs (especially AVG anti virus, Norton and Mcafee) would run amok and did not install AnyDVD due to this copy protection bundled with it. It gave many users false positives about virus/trojans.

Last edited:
Frank and Ammo ... thanks for posting!

Frank ... "No need for that." ... ? What? The MD5 value?

How come?

Ammo ... thanks for the inside scoop ... I remember dealing with a Spybot S & D false positive for AnyDVD just a little while ago (30APR09 - I reported it to the safer-networking folks that same day) ...

FFF

What? The MD5 value?

Yeah, actually, I think listing it wouldn't be a bad idea, especially for false positive virus/trojan reports, but then these people (since I'm not allowed to insult, trust me that I'd prefer to use another word than "people") that hound me about false positives from their antivirus programs over and over and over again despite my telling them that there is no trojan (the private messages bug me sometimes) probably won't know what the MD5 value means anyway.

Last edited:
Webslinger ... yeah ... I guess there was a lot of angst ridden "people" a month ago ... heh heh

Just thought I'd put the MD5 suggestion thing out there.

FFF

Just thought I'd put the MD5 suggestion thing out there.

Yeah, I don't think that's a bad idea, honestly. Might be useful . . .
Yes, certainly worth considering, I believe. But I have no control over the website.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think that's a bad idea, honestly. Might be useful . . .
Yes, certainly worth considering, I believe. But I have no control over the website.

Why so complicated? People, right click on the executable, check the signature.
Signature good -> file good.
What are we paying moneyloads on certificates for? ;)

Besides if the file is corrupted with a virus when the md5 is created what the heck good is it? If you download from some place other than the people that created the file and you want to make sure it is the same as the original then a md5 is helpful.

Oh ... said the blind man to Peer ... didn't think to look at that ... sorry dude
FFF
P.S. For anyone who cares ... JPG attachment shows what Peer is talking about ...

Attachments

• 'SetupAnyDVD6555.exe' file digital signature dialogs (3).jpg
    'SetupAnyDVD6555.exe' file digital signature dialogs (3).jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 12
Back