• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd 6.5.1.8 won't remove css protection?

nolefan

What is wrong with ANYDVD 6.5.1.8?

I have had nothing but problems ever since I updated to ANYDVD 6.5.1.8. Every title that I try to copy using CLONEDVD 2.9.2.0 I receive an error message saying that the title is CSS PROTECTED.
Am I correct in that ANYDVD removes CSS PROTECTION? This is from slysoft's website
( Features

* Works automatically in the background
* Removes encryption (CSS) and region code (RPC) from DVDs
* Removes analogue copy protection (Macrovision)
* Removes features such as forced subtitles and warnings
* Decrypts without the need to save the data onto your hard-disk
* Decrypts 'on the fly'
* Prevents automatic launching of 'PC-friendly' software on video DVDs
* Allows adjustment of your monitor refresh rate for both NTSC and PAL monitors
* Allows execution of external programs on disc insertion and removal
* Allows speed control of your DVD drives
* Compatible with all DVD media
* Works with all DVD-drives, regardless of region code
* Works with all DVD copying, such as CloneDVD, and all DVD player software
* Works transparently for the operating system: DVDs can be shared over the network and copied with the command prompt or with Windows Explorer, etc.
* Proven to be stable and fast and does not require an ASPI driver
* Provides its own Universal Disk Format (UDF) reader. Discs which cannot be read by Windows can be copied using the AnyDVD ripper.
* Features AnyCDDA: play, copy and rip protected audio CDs)
I have been using both ANYDVD & CLONEDVD for over a year and a half and have never had a problem with either working until now. Every title that I try to backup ANYDVD WILL NOT REMOVE CSS PROTECTION. I have tried copying older movies that I have previously copied in the past and CLONEDVD 2.9.2.0 is now making my computer crash. Attached is a logfile of BURN NOTICE SEASON 1 DISC 1.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_BURNNOTICE_S1_D1.zip
    83.7 KB · Views: 7
Hi Nolefan,

Can you go back to the Older Working version!?!? Or AnyDVD will NOT allow you to do it?

Does the older version work?

G!:)

every older version worked but I can not go back to an older version. I never save the new updates I just run them and my system restore won't restore to anything before I got the latest update...This has had me frazzled all weekend:(

IDE controllers:
DeviceDesc: Primary IDE Channel
Mfg: Intel
Service: IdeChnDr
IdeChnDr (System32\DRIVERS\IdeChnDr.sys), Version: 2.1.0.2112 (2.1.0.2112)
Company: Intel Corporation
Product: Intel Application Accelerator Driver
Copyright: Intel Corporation, 1994-2001
Description: Intel Application Accelerator Driver
FileVersion: 2.1.0.2112, 03/01/2002
ProductVersion: 2.1.0.2112, 03/01/2002

Click this

Do what it says to do

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Download Anydvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
e) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
f) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
g) Reinstall
h) Reboot
i) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
j) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

4. Repeat step 3, but with Clonedvd as well

Last edited:
I have had nothing but problems ever since I updated to ANYDVD 6.5.1.8. Every title that I try to copy using CLONEDVD 2.9.2.0 I receive an error message saying that the title is CSS PROTECTED.
Am I correct in that ANYDVD removes CSS PROTECTION?

Where are you seeing the message? If from the AnyDVD status log, it is telling you what protections were FOUND on the disc. You only have to worry if you get an error message about CSS protection from the program you are using to burn the movie to disc (CloneDVD, Shrink, etc.)

Sorry, Slinger, typing at the same time.

the AI scanner failed on this one.
that is why you cannot copy the movie
ERROR: Unhandled exception in AIScanner()!!!!

the reason being that Video_ts.ifo is completely blank ;) (well not blank just zeroed out)
we need the BUP from the disk

Last edited:
Look at the ifos, the video_ts.ifo is all zeroed out and you will see.
there is definitely protection :)

Please read threads What is wrong with ANYDVD 6.5.1.8? and also Lost: Season 4 Disc 1 CSS Locked posted on 1/18/09.
There seems to be a similiar PROBLEM here.

ANYDVD 6.5.1.8 IS NOT REMOVING THE CSS PROTECTION:confused:

Please help!!! Attached is a logfile of Death Race CSS Protection won't remove

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_DEATH_RACE.zip
    12.4 KB · Views: 6
Do not create multiple threads about the exact same thing, please. Click the link in my signature, and read fully. Thank you. :policeman:

Death race has the same problem video_ts.ifo is all zeroed out :)

If the OP is seeing "Media is CSS Protected" from the AnyDVD status log and thinking the disc is still encrypted, and not from another program, then that message will probably be on most all discs. That is not a problem. Need to find out where the OP is seeing that message.

I think the problem is not CSS, but the structural protection.
just my 2 cents

I think the problem is not CSS, but the structural protection.
just my 2 cents

Well, there's definitely something wrong with the log files being produced, especially for Death Race, which leads me to believe Intel driver is causing problems. But there could be something screwy going on with the AI scanner as well. I'm going to PM James.

@nolefan

Click this

Do what it says to do

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Download Anydvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
e) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
f) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
g) Reinstall
h) Reboot
i) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
j) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

4. Repeat step 3, but with Clonedvd as well

5. Allow Anydvd up to 10 minutes to scan the disc before running Clonedvd or before trying to access the disc with any other program.

Last edited:
Back