• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.4.9.0, Dora the Explorer "Snow Princess" DVD

Solved

A. The original disc is bad even if it plays fine. Exchange it.

It was a bad disc, even though it did play fine. Just to test this, I obtained another copy, which AnyDVD ripped to hdd without so much as a hiccup. I never would have guessed that a disc could be good enough to play in my conventional dvd player, yet flawed enough that AnyDVD couldn't rip it.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH to all who helped on this thread.

It was a bad disc, even though it did play fine. Just to test this, I obtained another copy, which AnyDVD ripped to hdd without so much as a hiccup. I never would have guessed that a disc could be good enough to play in my conventional dvd player, yet flawed enough that AnyDVD couldn't rip it.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH to all who helped on this thread.

Most ALL bad disks play just fine. A player overlooks a bad bit or byte. A bit for bit ripper wants every bit in its proper place.

-W

Sorry I did not see this thread sooner...

Just wanted to add my 2 cents...

I have been using AnyDVD for several years now (love it) and keep it updated regularly...

Writer is a LITE-ON SOHW-1633S in an HP POS PC

Have always kept "Use CSS key Archive " set

Have NEVER set the DVD region!

Also, have NEVER had a problem playing, ripping, etc in all the years, EXCEPT for ONE bad disc!

Sooner or later that unset region may bite you in the rear.

-W

Just wanted to add my 2 cents...

I have been using AnyDVD for several years now (love it) and keep it updated regularly...

Writer is a LITE-ON SOHW-1633S in an HP POS PC

Have always kept "Use CSS key Archive " set

Have NEVER set the DVD region!

Also, have NEVER had a problem playing, ripping, etc in all the years, EXCEPT for ONE bad disc!

My reply is, "Lucky you." and I also think you should not be doing either one of these things but it's your computer and your decision to make. Sooner or later you'll run across a problem.

Back