• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.4.9.0, Dora the Explorer "Snow Princess" DVD

SoonerLater

AnyDVD 6.4.9.0 is having trouble reading "Dora the Explorer -- Dora Saves the Snow Princess" DVD (not Blue Ray; not HDDVD). When inserting the disc, I get the following error:
anydvd1.png

The disc is Region 1 NTSC. My pc's dvd drive apparently has no region set:

dvddrive.jpg

I can read that the error message says that I should set the Region of my drive to match my country, but I was under the impression that there was an advantage to not having a region set at all (same as "Region 0," right?). Before I set the region on my drive, could someone please advise whether setting the drive to Region 1 is the correct/smart/best action?

NO... In order for AnyDVD to work properly you should set your region to what it's supposed to be..... THEN AnyDVD will make your BACKUPS region free.

Region 0 is the OPPOSITE of region free. Region Free is flagged + for all the regions.

YES.... SET DRIVE TO REGION 1.

-W

Ok... I set my drive to region 1, updated the firmware and rebooted. Then tried the disc again. Same error. I tried selecting "use archive" CSS keys, but after re-scanning the disc, AnyDVD reports the same error.

What now?

Ok... I set my drive to region 1, updated the firmware and rebooted. Then tried the disc again. Same error. I tried selecting "use archive" CSS keys, but after re-scanning the disc, AnyDVD reports the same error.

What now?

I'm not sure, but at least you eliminated a known problem (region code not set). Webslinger will probably know what to tell you next.

Is this one of the first movies you've ever done with anyDVD, or is it just the only one of many movies to cause this problem?

Just make sure you're using AnyDVD 4.4.9.0 (at defaults) and have rebooted. From there the Cods of the forum can help you. IF you can make an AnyDVD logfile for this disk and attach it to your next post - it'll speed things up for you.

-W

What now?
Probably you didn't. Deselect CSS archive. Exit AnyDVD. Check region code in device manager and set it. As AnyDVD will emulate RPC2 drives the reported region may be incorrect if AnyDVD is running.

Probably you didn't.

1. Deselect CSS archive.
2. Exit AnyDVD.
3. Check region code in device manager and set it.

As AnyDVD will emulate RPC2 drives the reported region may be incorrect if AnyDVD is running.

You were right. Shut down AnyDVD, then found that I had *not* successfully set the region of my dvd drive to 1. It was still un-set. Silly Windows XP Pro.

After all that, then re-starting AnyDVD, AnyDVD still doesn't like what it's seeing. I'm uploading a Logfile in the hope someone can point me in the right direction.

You were right. Shut down AnyDVD, then found that I had *not* successfully set the region of my dvd drive to 1. It was still un-set. Silly Windows XP Pro.

After all that, then re-starting AnyDVD, AnyDVD still doesn't like what it's seeing. I'm uploading a Logfile in the hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Logfile didn't make it up... please try again.

-W

Maybe some new iffy spiffy protection system is being used on the disc - possible I suppose.

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST!)

14. Anydvd pops up with a message everytime I place this one dvd in the drive. The error message says unable to find CSS key due to region mismatch and that I need to set my dvd drive region to the same as the dvd to avoid this error in the future. Does anyone know how to do this?

a) You can usually ignore that error message, and Anydvd will still work properly with your burning program.

b) If you're still having problems, this is what you do

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that you're in
viii. Start Anydvd

1. Closed AnyDVD.
2. Modified the registry so that AnyDVD would not run at next boot.
3. Rebooted.
4. Set drive region to 1.
5. Rebooted again and verified that drive still shows it is Region 1 (it did).
6. Started AnyDVD and made the attached new logfile. (Note: new logfile shows "TSSTCORP CD/DVDW SH-S182D SB07 0403
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
"
7. Had AnyDVD (try to) rip the disc to my hdd (failed).

New logfile

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_DORA_THE_EXPLORER.zip
    68.6 KB · Views: 4
New logfile

Please do what James suggested. Deselect the CSS Keys archive.

retrieve_archive: 1 1 count 8 no key
retrieve_archive: 2 2 subst 0 count 8 Key ca361b5c5f
retrieve_archive: 3 3 subst 0 count 8 Key cb4f7355e4
retrieve_archive: 4 4 subst 0 count 8 Key d651274a66
retrieve_archive: 5 5 subst 0 count 8 Key cdef31e165
retrieve_archive: 6 6 subst 0 count 8 Key d5177fd945

You didn't uncheck it. It's still checked in your settings.

1. Right-click on the red fox in your system tray.
  2. Click on Settings....
  3. Click on the Default button in the left bottom corner of the settings.
  4. Click OK
  5. Let the disc be scanned again.
  6. Create and post a new set of log files.

Please do what James suggested. Deselect the CSS Keys archive.

Done.
Deselected "use CSS keys archive."
Stopped AnyDVD.
Started AnyDVD and verfied "use CSS keys archive" still not checkmarked.
Tried using AnyDVD ripper to rip to hdd again.
Ripper quit 43% into rip again.

New logfile attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_DORA_THE_EXPLORER.zip
    68.6 KB · Views: 2
Done.
Deselected "use CSS keys archive."
Stopped AnyDVD.
Started AnyDVD and verfied "use CSS keys archive" still not checkmarked.
Tried using AnyDVD ripper to rip to hdd again.
Ripper quit 43% into rip again.

New logfile attached.

Alright. When you say the ripper quits what exactly do you mean. What is the exact error message? Is it the CSS one from the beginning of this thread or different? If it's different we need to see the whole error message.

1. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok"

2. If you get the exact same error message, then
Here are your options, in order of likelihood:

A. The original disc is bad even if it plays fine. Exchange it.

B. The disc is dirty. Clean it.

C. Your drive is slowly dying. Try a different drive.

D. The cable on the back of your drive is bad. Exchange it.

Back