• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

any of the new sound cards allow HD Audio to be transferd uncompressed ?

jamieuk147

Hi as I use my PC for blueray and HD DVD playback I am very interested in getting full HD audio from my PC to my AMP.

any idea if the 4870 allows this ??? think it called bitstream or LPCM

As far as I know, only vista will have this ability. It will also be a little bit before PAP (protected audio path) will be released. Until then, It really does not matter what the audio card can do.

Now If also remember right, quite a few cards are capabable of the majority of HD audio types.

well I have vista but I have read there is problems with player downsampling as well.

any one who knows there stuff tell me what I need to buy to send full audio to my AMP ?

seems to be a very dark area this one

ati radeon 4850/4870 use hdmi 1.3 too
same problem need player upgrade to use

i don't know if 4xxx use bitstream or lpcm

what about that player for the old windows media player classic wich was made a female member on here.?

Hi as I use my PC for blueray and HD DVD playback I am very interested in getting full HD audio from my PC to my AMP.

any idea if the 4870 allows this ??? think it called bitstream or LPCM

I do too but i can get all the hd codecs since powerdvd 8 decodes them into lpcm and sends it to my receiver's multi channel inputs using 4 connections that using mini jacks with 2 connecters to handle

My Gear: Alienware area 51 7500,EVGA 680i sli, Intel core duo wolfdale processor @3ghz,1333 fsb,Nvidia 8800gt 512,Integrated Nvidia HD audio card

I'll recommend the Auzentech Card they are well worth the money.

There is one key thing to this! What receiver do you have? The new Onkyo, Denon, and Yamaha receivers have all had problems with bad EDID data that prevents any audio from being transmitted at all. The Onkyo and Denon receivers are now working after the receiver manufacturer issued updates. However, the Yamaha RX-V663 and 863 still don’t work with the ATI standalone video cards.

You might have to buy a separate $150 device to get this to work. The Gefen DVI Detective is supposed to work. However, it also has problems with HDCP. Just remember to ask for it to be programmed for use with a computer. Otherwise, AnyDVD HD can be used for Blu-rays. Thanks Slysoft!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14164770#post14164770

There is one key thing to this! What receiver do you have? The new Onkyo, Denon, and Yamaha receivers have all had problems with bad EDID data that prevents any audio from being transmitted at all. The Onkyo and Denon receivers are now working after the receiver manufacturer issued updates. However, the Yamaha RX-V663 and 863 still don’t work with the ATI standalone video cards.

You might have to buy a separate $150 device to get this to work. The Gefen DVI Detective is supposed to work. However, it also has problems with HDCP. Just remember to ask for it to be programmed for use with a computer. Otherwise, AnyDVD HD can be used for Blu-rays. Thanks Slysoft!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14164770#post14164770
oh thanks for this
so ATI 48xx don't work with Yamaha, i wanted to buy both two... i'm waiting for fix or another solution.

Back