• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

model359

Unable to get Civilization 4 and all expansions working

System:
Dell Dimension 9200
Duo Core2 quad 2.4GHz
4gig rams
Vista Enterprise (SP1) /64 bit OS
Game jackal version 3.1.2.2
Driver version 3.1.2.2

Since I have upgraded to the sly soft version of Game Jackal, I have been unable to get Civilization 4, warlords, and beyond the sword to work. I keep getting a message to insert the correct CD-ROM.

After that a window pops up to fix the issue. It states that there are missing sector data from the profile. It is recommended that you update this missing data to improve the profiles performance and reliability. I click on it and insert the CD ROM. It just spins there for 20 minutes before I hit the cancel button. I know that these games worked with the original game jackal.

I just reloaded all the OS and everything is clean. I do have clone DVD, any DVD, and clone CD installed. I did notice that Any DVD gets disabled when the game jackal image is created. Before re-installing the OS, I tried this and disabled Any DVD and virtual clone drive. That did not make a difference either.

any help would be great and if there is any more info needed, I will be happy to provide it.
thanks

I tried image mode without success and verified that virtual clone drive and any DVD are disabled.

Game and system info:

GJ version: 3.1.2.2

Protection ID Data:
Scanning -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 13994408 (0D589A8h) Byte(s)
-> File Appears to be Digitally Signed @ Offset 0D57470h, size : 01538h / 05432 byte(s)
-> File has 1299568 (013D470h) bytes of appended data starting at offset 0C1A000h
[Heuristics] -> Flag : 00000000000000000000000000000111
[!] Safedisc 4.60.000 detected !
protection level: Safedisc API
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check -> cdkey
- Scan Took : 0.438 Second(s)

Game version:
Civilization 4 Beyond the sword 3.17e. (All civ4 games do not work)

Game version:
CD rom USA version

Processor:
Duo Core2 quad 2.4GHz

Optical Drive:
HL-DT-ST DVD ROM GDRH20N

Antivirus:
Norton Internet Security 2009 (current version and updates)

When I try to start the game, I get a message stating to insert the correct CD ROM and restart the application.

Attachments

• Summary.zip
    3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Please do steps 14 and 15 so that Matthew can look at them. Thank you

----------------------------------------------------
Filter Driver Load Order http://www.bustrace.com
----------------------------------------------------

Upper Class Filter: maplom
Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
Device Object: HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDRH20N
Lower Class Filter: maploml
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Class Filter: ElbyCDFL

Driver Name: maplom.sys
File Location: c:\windows\system32\drivers
File Description: Maplom.sys
File Version: 3, 1, 2, 2 [3.1.2.2]
Product Name: Game Jackal
Product Version: 3, 1, 2, 2 [3.1.2.2]
Company Name: SlySoft Inc.

Driver Name: gearaspiwdm.sys
File Description: CD/DVD Class Filter Driver
File Version: 2.0.6.1 [2.0.6.1]
Product Name: GEAR.wrks
Product Version: 8.xx [2.0.6.1]
Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.

Driver Name: maploml.sys
File Description: Maplom.sys
File Version: 3, 1, 2, 2 [3.1.2.2]
Product Name: Game Jackal
Product Version: 3, 1, 2, 2 [3.1.2.2]
Company Name: SlySoft Inc.

Driver Name: anydvd.sys
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
File Version: 6.5.1.1 [6.5.1.1]
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.5.1.1 [6.5.1.1]
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.

Driver Name: elbycdfl.sys
File Description: ElbyCDIO Filter Driver
File Version: 5, 2, 1, 3 [5.2.1.3]
Product Name: CloneCD
Product Version: 5, 2, 1, 3 [5.2.1.3]
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.

This is getting pretty disappointing. I tried to get GJ to work the Knights of the old republic, a game I have never seen fail with GJ, fail as well with this version of GJ.

Can both of these issues be related so one fix will fix both?
thanks!

Well... I am 0-3 with the new version of GJ... KOTOR2 does not work either. Says install the correct CD, just like KOTOR and CIV4.
Trying my last game that I use GJ for... I bet I go 0-4...:bang:

0-4... Empire at war fails as well. Says the wrong disk is inserted.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. All these games worked with the previous version of GJ I was running. I will look through my archives to try and find that version of GJ to install and see if it still works.
Thanks for any help!

No luck with the 3.2.0.0 beta.
Here is the summery file for it. I did not test it on Beyond the sword, just warlords (civ4) I can try BTS if you like, but since the main game and warlords failed, I can only guess that BTS will as well.

Attachments

• Summary.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 0
I already posted an issue I had with Civ 4 and all the expansions. At one time, I had no issue with Game jackal working with the following games:
Civ 4 and all expansions
Star Wars Knights of the old republic 1 and 2
Star Wars Empires at war.

These are the only games I play and none had issues before I started upgraded to new versions.

The original game jackal worked fine with all the games. I do believe the first version of SlySoft game jackal also worked with all games. I upgraded again and I lost functionality with Civ4. KOTOR 1 & 2 and Empires at war worked fine. All this was with Windows vista 32bit

I upgrade my OS from Vista home 32bit to vista Premium 64 bit and none of these games will work.

I tried using schedule task to start game jackal as administrator and that failed to work. I would copy my game profiles over from the 32bit vista archive I have, but my profile key is different and I do not think I can get them to work.

Does anyone have any ideas? I did post my latest info for Slysoft to look at, I am just curious if there is anything system wise that would cause this.

Here is a list of software that I have installed that may or may not be an issue:
Any DVD (disabled when creating profiles)
CloneCD (not running)
Virtual clone drive (disable)
Norton Ghost 12 (service disabled)
Norton Internet security 2009
VMworkstation

Again thanks for any suggestions.

I found a version that I backed up... V3.0.1.0. I was able to get KOTOR1 to run, howerver Civ4 still will not work. I will try KOTOR2 and Empire at war tomorrow along with the other civ4 expansions.

Looks like 3.0.1.0final is the ticket. I have it working with all the above games listed without... WITHOUT issues. When I first created the profiles for all the Civ 4 games, they ALL said please insert CD. After the profile was deactivated, I tried to run the profiles and they ran like a charm. I have been able to start all civ 4 games now.

Mathew, there is something different in 3.0.1.0 that works on my system. I tried and tried and tried and 3.2.0.0b without any success.

Unless I get a new game that will not work with 3.0.1.0, I am going to stay with this version.

I will be happy to install 3.2.x.x in the future to help debug and trouble shoot issues if you like. Feel free to email or PM me.
thanks!

That's interesting... the next beta contains some major changes to the drivers which we hope will sort out the reliability issues.

Warlords doesn't work since 3.1.2.2 update

Hi there !

I confirm since I upgraded to Game Jackal Pro 3.1.2.2, "Civilization IV- Warlords" hangs when started from within Game Jackal (although Civilization IV and Civilization IV-Beyond the Sword still work fine !).

I've tried to recreate the "profile" but this doesn't change anything.

The game works fine with the original CD & shortcut.

My config :
ASUS P5E5 Wifi APN
Intel Core Duo Quad Q6600
4 Gb RAM Corsair
Windows XP Pro + SP3

Can you please try the latest beta (v3.2.0.3).

No luck with my and Civ 4. Here is the summery file, the rest is information on the bug is the same as what I first posted.

I hope we can find a way to get this fixed. I went back to an earlier version of GJ but it blues screens my machine after a few minutes of play...

Attachments

• summery.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 1
Did you recreate the profile with the latest beta?
If so... can you use the "view log" option and then export the log file from there. It has more info.

Did you recreate the profile with the latest beta?
If so... can you use the "view log" option and then export the log file from there. It has more info.

Here you go!
Thanks

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 0
Back