• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

any dvd monitoring activities on computer?

fishermunn

i keep getting a warning from zone alarm:

"any dvd application is attempting to monitor user activities on this computer. if allowed it may track or log keystrokes (user input), mouse movements/clicks, websites visited and other user behaviors."

what is the purpose of anydvd monitoring how i use the computer/

It's not just wanting to ensure there is no updates for you so it is safe to set ZA to allow this app to connect.

It isn't monitoring your computer use. ZoneAlarm has been known to say this about other software products, as well, that also do not monitor computer use.

"any dvd application is attempting to monitor user activities on this computer. if allowed it may track or log keystrokes (user input), mouse movements/clicks, websites visited and other user behaviors."

AnyDVD doesn't monitor your computer. The problem is, that AnyDVD hooks the IDVDInfo2::GetDiscID() Interface (as prominently said in the release notes) using SetWindowsHookEx() to inject a dll into other processes.
This is the same technique as a keylogger would use, so it is quite normal that you'll see false alarms.

Please try this version:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=12864

Let me know, if zone alarm still issues a warning.

Back