• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

antivirus/cleaning

andy o

I've seen behavior like this from AVs like NOD32 V3, Comodo AV and now AVG, where you tell them to "ignore" when they detect a false positive, and they don't ignore it. Anyone else?

EDIT: What the... Are all Slysoft users sending their files at the same time??
3464129213_5cd6b0f7d0_o.png

Last edited:
I've seen behavior like this from AVs like NOD32 V3, Comodo AV and now AVG, where you tell them to "ignore" when they detect a false positive, and they don't ignore it. Anyone else?

My reply comes pretty late, but I just thought I'd mention this:

You likely had the wrong settings in Nod32. I just encountered a false positive with Themida again from another program download. My internal settings for Smart Security are set to "no cleaning" for the threat-sense engine parameter for both real-time file system protection and web access protection.

So, as expected, I got a popup asking me what I want to do. I selected "no action" (I think that's what it was), and under advanced options (in the popup), I checked "exclude from detection". My download continued just fine, and the file was added to the exclusion list. I've had no problems ignoring false positives from Eset's Smart Security. But I will say that the program is a little tricky for casual users who aren't accustomed to all the configuration settings (there are tons of settings, and it took me awhile to find stuff that affects me).

/shrug

Last edited:
I did look meticulously on the settings, but anyway I ended up upgrading to v4 for a short time. Right now I find Avira sufficient though, so I just let my NOD32 license expire.

What I remember I was getting is that some .exe file was getting deleted when browsing the folder with Windows explorer, or some other program accessing the file list in that folder, and the message asking me what to do didn't come up, just a warning that it was being deleted.

Wait... my memory is probably failing me... it was either that, or the "ignore always" thing didn't white-list the file in question, and I always got the warning message. Either way it seemed like a big bug if you're always handling false positives which admittedly there weren't many.

Last edited:
I did look meticulously on the settings, but anyway I ended up upgrading to v4 for a short time. Right now I find Avira sufficient though, so I just let my NOD32 license expire.

What I remember I was getting is that some .exe file was getting deleted when browsing the folder with Windows explorer, or some other program accessing the file list in that folder, and the message asking me what to do didn't come up, just a warning that it was being deleted.

Yeah, that only happens to me if the slider (and in some cases, both sliders under the headings I mentioned need to be set to "no cleaning") isn't all the way to the left ("no cleaning") with the threat-sense engine parameter. I am on version 4.

If you're happy with Avira, that's cool.

Last edited:
I added a bit above... I'm not 100% sure if it was either of those problems, or both, but I'm sure it was at least one of them. Gettin' old. Maybe I need to eat more fish (or was it eat more elephant?).

I added a bit above... I'm not 100% sure if it was either of those problems, or both, but I'm sure it was at least one of them. Gettin' old. Maybe I need to eat more fish (or was it eat more elephant?).

Yeah, even when the file is in my exception list, I don't have any issues. /shrug

Back