• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Another way to download from Crunchyroll (and Funimation+Hidive)

Just bumping this to say it is still possible to download crunchy, hidive, (and weirdly even funimation, curious to see how long that lasts) with this tool. I haven't been posting changelogs here recently but there has been quite a bit updates since then, with some of the highlights being the ability to download dash/mpd streams, chapter support, some gui improvements, and the ability to download DRM (though, we don't provide the CDM, for obvious reasons)

Just bumping this to say it is still possible to download crunchy, hidive, (and weirdly even funimation, curious to see how long that lasts) with this tool. I haven't been posting changelogs here recently but there has been quite a bit updates since then, with some of the highlights being the ability to download dash/mpd streams, chapter support, some gui improvements, and the ability to download DRM (though, we don't provide the CDM, for obvious reasons)
It seems that "Alert" is now nearly gone. Only some "small scanners" still detect it.
Also, it looks performance-wise that it's better now.

hey is it possible to access and download from the usa crunchyroll library

Sry for asking a noob question but can you please tell in brief I am a bit new to it I have set up the multi downloader and I am currently using this cmd to download "aniDL --service crunchy --series -e -q 5" which command would i need to add for accessing us library and downloading the episode

Sry for asking a noob question but can you please tell in brief I am a bit new to it I have set up the multi downloader and I am currently using this cmd to download "aniDL --service crunchy --series -e -q 5" which command would i need to add for accessing us library and downloading the episode
The easiest would be using the GUI, which is nearly self-explaining.
Other than that, it should access the Crunchy from the country you are in, depending on whether it exists in your country.
You might need a VPN to access Crunchy US if you are outside the US.

gotta say, this works mighty fine. not into anime, but just started a two week trial, opened gui, logged in, searched, and am downloading. nice work. slightly offtopic, any recommendations on some oldschool classic anime (bear in mind in SUI i dont think we get the entire catalogue - also, in PM if it is too offtopic). thanks. cheers!

EDIT: ok, downloaded a bunch of files and left the naming scheme at default. but, when i try adding the files to flash renamer i get 'cant open file' error. ok, thought maybe characters such as , or [/] were a problem, but even if i rename a file to something simple such as S01E06, flash renamer spews out the same error. ok, thought maybe tags were somehow doing something, but there are no tags. permissions are also ok, wth? i then thought maybe the filepath is too long, but even if i copy the file to desktop i cant get flash renamer to open the darn file. wth? i know flash renamer was last updated in 2016, lol on its own for sure, but ive never experienced this before unless filepath was too long or the filename had a funny character in it. but i remove all 'funny' characters from the filename and leave just numbers and 'regular' letters but still to no avail. and here is the weirdest part: files had embedded .ass subtitles. i extracted those, cleaned and converted with subedit to .srt and now... flash renamer refuses to open even those files! what. but. seriously. the. everloving. fudge??? how is this possible?? mkvtoolnix no proble, subedit no problem, file attributes show nothing weird, file permissions as well seem all good, i... i...

anyone has any ideas? thanks.

Last edited:
Released version 5.0.0 - New services!

CRUNCHY NOTE: All previous tokens are now invalid, you'll have to login again!
Major Changes
  • Add new Service: AnimeOnegai
  • Add new Service: AnimationDigitalNetwork
  • Remove dead service: Funimation
  • Remove old Hidive API
Changes
  • Improve mpd/dash downloading module to allow for byterange downloads.
  • vtt2ass: Add support for text-decoration (underline)
  • vtt2ass: Add support for left/right styles
  • GUI: Decrease search delay to 500ms (from 1s)
  • GUI: Fix select all button to work for specific seasons
  • CLI: Add unknown option warning
  • CLI: Add suggestions for options if an option was misspelled
  • Remove no longer needed console.log warning
  • More detailed errors from fetch module
Crunchy Changes
  • Fix issue where in the GUI, noaudio wasn't being passed to crunchy
  • Fix Non-DRM Streams (NOTE: All previous tokens are now invalid, you'll have to login again!)

ok, downloaded a bunch of files and left the naming scheme at default. but, when i try adding the files to flash renamer i get 'cant open file' error. ok, thought maybe characters such as , or [/] were a problem, but even if i rename a file to something simple such as S01E06, flash renamer spews out the same error. ok, thought maybe tags were somehow doing something, but there are no tags. permissions are also ok, wth? i then thought maybe the filepath is too long, but even if i copy the file to desktop i cant get flash renamer to open the darn file. wth? i know flash renamer was last updated in 2016, lol on its own for sure, but ive never experienced this before unless filepath was too long or the filename had a funny character in it. but i remove all 'funny' characters from the filename and leave just numbers and 'regular' letters but still to no avail. and here is the weirdest part: files had embedded .ass subtitles. i extracted those, cleaned and converted with subedit to .srt and now... flash renamer refuses to open even those files! what. but. seriously. the. everloving. fudge??? how is this possible?? mkvtoolnix no proble, subedit no problem, file attributes show nothing weird, file permissions as well seem all good, i... i...

I just saw this, and this is super weird. Only thing I could think of is maybe something on your system is read/write locking the file preventing you from opening it with that?

gotta say, this works mighty fine. not into anime, but just started a two week trial, opened gui, logged in, searched, and am downloading. nice work. slightly offtopic, any recommendations on some oldschool classic anime (bear in mind in SUI i dont think we get the entire catalogue - also, in PM if it is too offtopic). thanks. cheers!

EDIT: ok, downloaded a bunch of files and left the naming scheme at default. but, when i try adding the files to flash renamer i get 'cant open file' error. ok, thought maybe characters such as , or [/] were a problem, but even if i rename a file to something simple such as S01E06, flash renamer spews out the same error. ok, thought maybe tags were somehow doing something, but there are no tags. permissions are also ok, wth? i then thought maybe the filepath is too long, but even if i copy the file to desktop i cant get flash renamer to open the darn file. wth? i know flash renamer was last updated in 2016, lol on its own for sure, but ive never experienced this before unless filepath was too long or the filename had a funny character in it. but i remove all 'funny' characters from the filename and leave just numbers and 'regular' letters but still to no avail. and here is the weirdest part: files had embedded .ass subtitles. i extracted those, cleaned and converted with subedit to .srt and now... flash renamer refuses to open even those files! what. but. seriously. the. everloving. fudge??? how is this possible?? mkvtoolnix no proble, subedit no problem, file attributes show nothing weird, file permissions as well seem all good, i... i...

anyone has any ideas? thanks.
Try this template for downloads
Code:
 ${showTitle}\S${season}\S${season}_E${episode} - ${title}
I noticed this will not work when set in the config only when you copy and paste to the browser.

Did you try filebot (there is still a free version but outdated) to rename your files or AdvancedRenamer?

I just saw this, and this is super weird. Only thing I could think of is maybe something on your system is read/write locking the file preventing you from opening it with that?
nope, its flash renamer thats a bit 'tarded. it does have options to replace symbols such as { } [ ] (with something else) but i tried everything. i blame flash renamer. tried advanced renamer and no problems. and yeah, really... really weird. will try with your template. i do sometimes run into similar issues, for instance copying file name and pasting into photoshop save dialogue and i sometimes get an error "wrong filename", something weird... i c/p again and all is good. really weird. like theres a chinese character or something in the filename but it aint. like windows dont recognize a character. weird. f it. advancedrenamer it is for crunchyroll, lol. thanks!

Try this template for downloads
Code:
 ${showTitle}\S${season}\S${season}_E${episode} - ${title}
I noticed this will not work when set in the config only when you copy and paste to the browser.

Did you try filebot (there is still a free version but outdated) to rename your files or AdvancedRenamer?
eh, silly me. did not think of filebot. will give it a go. advancedrenamer worked fine. weird. i blame flash renamer since last time 'twas updated was like 8 years ago lol.

Back