• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Another person asking for help....

w15608

PART DEUX:

WOW!!!
PLEASE DON"T LEAVE ME YET!!!
YOU GUYS ARE FANTASTIC! ARE YOU AWARE OF THAT?? (i'm guessing "yes")

fifteen lashes for me: i forgot to say that i'm trying to put it into Divx as opposed to ntsc.... very sorry. i think that makes a difference and i should have mentioned it to begin with.
[begin punishment.]
that said, what do you think, is there hope?
i heard some say you are defeating cinavid with some regularity... in my case when i see it open i just close it and that, too, could be part of my problems, no?

the dvd is unlikely to EVER come out in a different version since it's a small audience type thing about riding horses. it's called, "the pliable seat". oddly, some ads say it's one disk for both PAL and NTSC (which makes no sense), the seller says it's only in PAL.

ALL IDEAS WELCOME!

FYI:
slysoft support said in 2 separate emails about this project:
1) "What we do offer is CloneDVD mobile which will allow you to convert any
PAL or NTSC DVD to DivX."
2) "You need AnyDVD for the protections and CloneDVD for the burning. When you look at the Audio and Subtitles panel be sure you select the audio tracks for both languages. Very easy, really."

with my limited experience and expertise, kinda not-so-easy, actually.
:(

btw- do any of you wizards live near northern n.j.... near the george washingto bridge, maybe?
(lunch at starbucks is on me!!)
:)

Hi folks!

I'm trying to convert a PAL copyrighted DVD into an NTSC format. Things are NOT going well....:eek:
I've got Anydvd and clonedvd mobile. After the usual "instructions? i don't need no stinkin' instructions!" try and fail process i watched the tutorials. TWICE.
Things STILL aren't going well.
Here are the facts:
I'm running Win xp home ed
Plenty of memory available
I first tried to find a place to switch to "PAL" playing. There wasn't any. Tried explorer, etc etc. BUT: the thing started playing on it's own without telling it to play in PAL. However, no sound. I thought, "ok... I'll run anydvd and see if it works better after that." It processed roughly 42% and stopped telling me it couldn't go on. I tried that a few more times, then broke down and watched the tutorial....
Yeah, i know...
Watching the tutorial ( TWICE ) it seemed i need to start the anydvd process and then start up the clonedvd mobile so they run at the same time.
I'm stuck at this point because it tells me it can't read the file which it calls some wierd string that is definitely not what i named it.
CAN I BE HELPED??
Ps: the cinavid screen comes up intermittantly, if that is relevant. Yes, i DID check the remove cinavid box.

Last edited:
No Slysoft product will convert a PAL DVD/video to NTSC or vice versa, you will need a third party app to do that if you want to make a disc-based backup.

If all you want to do is watch the DVD on your PC take a look at ReClock, which changes the speed of playback for software players.

Hi folks!
ok... I'll run anydvd and see if it works better after that." It processed roughly 42% and stopped telling me it couldn't go on.

If anydvd can't rip up to 100% then it may be bad disc. This is the case majority of the time.

Ps: the cinavid screen comes up intermittantly, if that is relevant. Yes, i DID check the remove cinavid box.

No program I am aware of capable removing cinavia and if you referring to check box in anydvd setting, that only prevents check for some software players only.

No program I am aware of capable removing cinavia and if you referring to check box in anydvd setting, that only prevents check for some software players only.

No currently but if you seen the threads Slysoft is developing the program Slyce to copy BD media and to defeat cinavia or stop it.

Hi folks!

I'm trying to convert a PAL copyrighted DVD into an NTSC format. Things are NOT going well....:eek:
I've got Anydvd and clonedvd mobile. After the usual "instructions? i don't need no stinkin' instructions!" try and fail process i watched the tutorials. TWICE.
Things STILL aren't going well.
Here are the facts:
I'm running Win xp home ed
Plenty of memory available
I first tried to find a place to switch to "PAL" playing. There wasn't any. Tried explorer, etc etc. BUT: the thing started playing on it's own without telling it to play in PAL. However, no sound. I thought, "ok... I'll run anydvd and see if it works better after that." It processed roughly 42% and stopped telling me it couldn't go on. I tried that a few more times, then broke down and watched the tutorial....
Yeah, i know...
Watching the tutorial ( TWICE ) it seemed i need to start the anydvd process and then start up the clonedvd mobile so they run at the same time.
I'm stuck at this point because it tells me it can't read the file which it calls some wierd string that is definitely not what i named it.
CAN I BE HELPED??

I read where ConvertXtoDVD will do the conversion but that is a paid program should you go that route...

No currently but if you seen the threads Slysoft is developing the program Slyce to copy BD media and to defeat cinavia or stop it.

I know, but in this context I am referring to program which are ready to use by public.

I read where ConvertXtoDVD will do the conversion but that is a paid program should you go that route...

CXD can convert a PAL dvd to NTSC but you'll likely lose the menu structure. I havent tried that specific method but it can do it. As far as paid goes, it aint for me ^^

Translator baby :D

I know, but in this context I am referring to program which are ready to use by public.

Besides, the OP is talking about DVDs, not BDs, and unless things have changed Slyce won't work on DVDs, even ones with cinavia. So suggesting Slyce was wrong for two reasons.

Besides, the OP is talking about DVDs, not BDs, and unless things have changed Slyce won't work on DVDs, even ones with cinavia. So suggesting Slyce was wrong for two reasons.

So which Pal DVD are you talking about that has cinavia? And how do you know they won't in the final release have it work on DVD as well since it hasn't be finalized. The reply was about BD with Cinavia and the software Slysoft is creating and you put two totally different reply into one make another bad assumption again.

And how do you know they won't in the final release have it work on DVD as well since it hasn't be finalized.

According to the product description:

I.2: What is Slyce?
Slyce, is the name of the product by Slysoft that will be able to backup your existing Blu-ray discs so you can safely store the originals away and use your backups for playback. It's almost the same as CloneDVD2, but this time for blu-ray discs.

thanks for the ideas, folks. i've edited my original question so would you take another look to see what you think?
i appreciate your help. really. (you have noooo idea...)
;)

the dvd itself seems ok since i can play it on my laptop with no problems in both german and english. i have left my laptop set for PAL for the duration of this project because it says you can only switch a few times....blah...blah.
i'm using a trial of anydvd and clone moble on a friend's computer since i'm not going to buy the program unless i can make this kind of thing work.
this is my first project and i blew through my original trial time due to "frustration-procrastination syndrome."
in other words, the dvd seems fine and "cinavid" did not appear on my laptop, but i didn't use clonedvd mobile on my laptop.
fyi: my own laptop is running win 7 and has plenty of space.

again, much gratitude for any and all help. and maybe lunch.

so i use clone dvd mobile FIRST, then after it is all done converting to divx, i run anydvd to burn it?
is that what you're saying?

so i use clone dvd mobile FIRST, then after it is all done converting to divx, i run anydvd to burn it?
is that what you're saying?

If you want to turn the DivX file into a DVD, you'll need a different program (that converts the DivX file into DVD files).
ConvertXtoDVD will do this but costs money. There is freeware that would also do this.

AnyDVD is not a burning application.
CloneDVD2 works with DVD (discs/DVD file structures within VIDEO_TS folders) so that will be unsuitable.

Last edited:
Back