• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Another noob hoping for great things from ReClock

tman24

As the title suggests, I'm just starting to look at Reclock to help with playing back 24fps MKV files via MPC-HC on my 50Hz plasma.

I use VMC for all TV/recorded TV viewing, and launch MPC-HC via Media Browser for MKV's only. This all works ok, but as usual, MKV playback is not as smooth as I'd like. MPC-HC is configured to use EVR for h/w acceleration, and the latest Haali is also installed.

Video card is currently an ATI2600XT with CCC 8.4. TV audio goes out over HDMI, but MKV audio (generally FLAC) is sent out over analog (via an ASUS Xonar DX) to my amp. As I can override the default directsound filter in MPC-HC, this works fine.

I've looked at the Re-clock settings, but, for a first timer, it's a bit daunting, and I want to know what are the settings to concentrate on to improve playback, and the ones to avoid changing if at all possible. I'm sure what I'm trying to do has been done by many people, and works great, but rather than spend hours going round in circles, any pointers would be of great interest.

As the title suggests, I'm just starting to look at Reclock to help with playing back 24fps MKV files via MPC-HC on my 50Hz plasma.

I use VMC for all TV/recorded TV viewing, and launch MPC-HC via Media Browser for MKV's only. This all works ok, but as usual, MKV playback is not as smooth as I'd like. MPC-HC is configured to use EVR for h/w acceleration, and the latest Haali is also installed.

Video card is currently an ATI2600XT with CCC 8.4. TV audio goes out over HDMI, but MKV audio (generally FLAC) is sent out over analog (via an ASUS Xonar DX) to my amp. As I can override the default directsound filter in MPC-HC, this works fine.

I've looked at the Re-clock settings, but, for a first timer, it's a bit daunting, and I want to know what are the settings to concentrate on to improve playback, and the ones to avoid changing if at all possible. I'm sure what I'm trying to do has been done by many people, and works great, but rather than spend hours going round in circles, any pointers would be of great interest.
Default settings should be fine.

Thanks for the words of advice James.

As I use VMC for all live TV/recorded TV playback, as well as playback of other format's (AVI etc), I'd heard others say that ReClock can interfere with this. Is this the case, or should standard VMC playback (already smooth @50Hz) work as usual?

I'd really just like ReClock to work with MPC-HC.

Back