Annoying Web Page

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by clonez, Jan 28, 2007.

1. clonez

clonez New Member

I love all slysoft product and update regularly.

However recently it seems any DVD is opening my default web browser (firefox) and displaying the Slysoft web page. I cannot find a setting for this and it is becoming a little annoying.

Any clues on how to turn this feature off?

I am very happy about being informed of updates however.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  2. raingod50

raingod50 New Member

I don't have FireFox loaded but under Edit (or one of the toolbar options at the top) > Preferences, there should be a section that allows you to set the default home page.
    Hope that helps.

3. Wally_Mac

Wally_Mac Member

I use the Firefox browser under both Windows XP and Mac OS X. I'm guessing that your "Home Page" has either been inadvertantly set to Slysoft. By going into the tools/options or the Preference setting, you can easily change your home page (and save it) to the desired web site.

4. sheep

sheep Well-Known Member

In firefox it's under "tools", then go to "options". YOu can set the homepage under "general".

5. clonez

clonez New Member

Sorry chaps didn't make myself clear.

It seems that AnyDVD start firefox itself and goes straight to slysoft homepage when my computer first boots.

If i start firefox manually it works as normal with google as my homepage. No problems with selecting homepages.

But why does it start firefox itself?????

6. pdqgp

pdqgp New Member

same here

I have that happening on Firefox too....not sure why either. I've looked at Any DVD for a control of some sort, but perhaps not hard enough. I'll post back if I find anything.

7. clonez

clonez New Member

Busy forum here. Good to see so much talking.

8. bubbles19

bubbles19 Active Member