• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

American Graffiti Disc Issues

CaMiX

I've tried using several different discs of this movie and I've never been able to copy it. I've also tried copying it using 3 different drives. So I've tried with at least 3 different discs on 3 different drives. The estimated minutes just continues to grow and the disc never completes the copying process. Attached is the log.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.8.3_Info_D_AMERICAN_GRAFFITI.ziplog
    298.6 KB · Views: 5
I've tried using several different discs of this movie and I've never been able to copy it. I've also tried copying it using 3 different drives. So I've tried with at least 3 different discs on 3 different drives. The estimated minutes just continues to grow and the disc never completes the copying process. Attached is the log.
Disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective. Have you checked for an invisible oil film on the surface?

Yes cleaned with micro fiber cloth.

@CaMiX: I had same problems with another movie. I tried to rip Blu-rays Star Trek Enterprise Season 1 and Disc 1 and Season 1 Disc 2. Both had read errors in the middle at 50% and the rip process did seem to take indefinitely long.
The discs though were cleaned. Also the spare discs of both had read errors at also 50%

Is there a secor read error message coming up?

Usually it can take up to few minutes while
hanging, before it tells/recognizes that it can't read from the current sector position and perhaps after that.

Is the error at the beginning?

Or does the UDF filesystem on the Blu-ray look working, so at least folder structure and files visible in Windoes Explorer?

If this is the case you could try GNU ddrescue. At least this helped me to recover/reconstruct the problematic areas which were unreadable at first.
ddrescue recovered 100% both discs.
Your disc does not want Bus encryption so ddrescue would be an option.

You can abort the process and resume at any time. This is useful, you can use several optical drives and get further without to have to start from the beginning if you "abort" the process.

The ddrescue image is like making a protected image, which you can decrypt later with AnyDVD.
You can also use ddrescue with several (same) discs to recreate an errorfree iso image if they are the same disc version (eg. disc cover label identical)
ddrescue works for Blu-rays and DVDs and CDs.

See below, there's a description. ddrescue is free and GPL license. It's so useful to have a Live Linux system like Knoppix , Ubuntu or Debian or whatever Linux distribution for those cases
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/unsupported-format-blu-ray.73440/#post-472671
Unsupported format -- Blu-ray

http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/

https://www.gnu.org/software/ddrescue/manual/ddrescue_manual.html

Last edited:
Back