• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Amazon issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

phelings

Despite the Red Fox people having trouble reading info the other contributor to the closed thread seemed to be able to.
I posted a Logfile on one of the posts. Talk about me not being able to use the program, more like Red Fox needing to justify when it won't work.

I've had the program long enough and used it enough to know how to use it so please don't blame the user when the program is at fault.
I explained that I could see the green download buttons and what happens several times - sorry if it's confusing.

Just downloaded the new update and the problem remains. To show I'm not biased , I've mentioned several times on the competition forums that AS works where theirs does not. This time I'm pointing out that Amazon downloads fine on the competition and on AS it does not.

I asked once before but maybe they didn't spot the question (although the other forum member seemed to be able to read) - when I click the Downloadable Videos button the Digital Rights Error notice is there but the box popup offering the actual Download button appears also but clicking the Download button does nothing. The progress bar at the bottom remains on zero

I also asked whether it was worth creating a log file when nothing happens - something else that was not answered

Last edited:
Log File for failed download

Attachments

• For Our Eyes Only.astlog
    536.7 KB · Views: 2
Despite the Red Fox people having trouble reading info the other contributor to the closed thread seemed to be able to.
I posted a Logfile on one of the posts. Talk about me not being able to use the program, more like Red Fox needing to justify when it won't work.

I've had the program long enough and used it enough to know how to use it so please don't blame the user when the program is at fault.
I explained that I could see the green download buttons and what happens several times - sorry if it's confusing.

Just downloaded the new update and the problem remains. To show I'm not biased , I've mentioned several times on the competition forums that AS works where theirs does not. This time I'm pointing out that Amazon downloads fine on the competition and on AS it does not.

I asked once before but maybe they didn't spot the question (although the other forum member seemed to be able to read) - when I click the Downloadable Videos button the Digital Rights Error notice is there but the box popup offering the actual Download button appears also but clicking the Download button does nothing. The progress button at the bottom remains on zero

I also asked whether it was worth creating a log file when nothing happens - something else that was not answered
I am old enough to have learned the hard way that when you need someone or need their assistance, being p!ssy with them tends not to get you what you need.

That aside.

If it were me. Uninstall AS entirely. Then rename this folder. C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Local\RedFox

Reboot.

Reinstall and see if that helps. It's possible just renaming that folder will do it.

My apologies if you did that already.

And I'm old enough not to care either way what they think. I'm not keen on being accused of not being able to use the program when I obviously do and the fault is their end. (that's not a dig at you BTW).

Pretty sure I won't be the only one having problems like this and it's in Red Fox interest to sort it if they want to continue being able to sell it so knowing about any flaws helps them out.
I already uninstalled yesterday and also installed todays update but the problem remains.
Thanks for your suggestions - I'm interested to know how renaming the folder changes how it works. I've not tried that yet as ITVX etc is all working fine

Just downloaded something from ITVX successfully. Closed the program but then tried Prime yet again. This time the Digital Rights message remained on the screen but the progress bar showed actual progress and For Our Eyes Only downloaded successfully.
What's changed? The download failed with this new update but now works even though the Widevine boxout remains.

Tarzan Lord of the Movies worked also - see JPEG of download progress while Digital Rights message remains. Very odd

Attachments

• tarzan .jpg
    tarzan .jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 8

I asked once before but maybe they didn't spot the question (although the other forum member seemed to be able to read) - when I click the Downloadable Videos button the Digital Rights Error notice is there but the box popup offering the actual Download button appears also but clicking the Download button does nothing. The progress bar at the bottom remains on zero

Where do you click?

Attachments

• Sans titre.jpg
    Sans titre.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 12
It works for everyone else. I cant help you anymore. The issue is on your end.

It works for everyone else. I cant help you box anymore. The issue is on your end.
So the fact it's been working fine for ages then didn't yesterday and there are posts showing it isn't working for everyone else doesn't matter then? What problem could that be my end?
The other program may be a secret but the forum tech helpers don't give up as easily

As you can see it's started working although I'm not sure the DRM box is as expected

So the fact it's been working fine for ages then didn't yesterday and others have reported similar issues doesn't matter then?

As you can see it's started working although I'm not sure the DRM box is as expected
So it's started working now? It's not DRM. The one other user had a different issue that was fixed.

So it's started working now? It's not DRM.
I didn't think it was DRM even though the DRM box appears and as you can see from the JPEG is still appearing. It never used to do that. The programs that failed yesterday have worked today so maybe the update was useful after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back