• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Amazon Prime Video to incorporate ads in 2024

Without revealing what year I was born, I will simply say this reminds me of something I read about when Cable TV was new. It practically had no ads on it, then as it progressed over the decades, it got ridiculous. We have seen the avergage hour-long TV show's actual running length cut down over the years. A lot of shows are now about 41 minutes where as they used to be 51 or 52. Some channels (Spike TV) are so ridiculous now than an hour-long show (with commercials) is now 72 minutes. No, that is ridiculous, I refuse to watch a 41 minute show in a 72 minute slot. I would much rather be peeling my fingernails or walking on broken glass barefooted.

Without revealing what year I was born, I will simply say this reminds me of something I read about when Cable TV was new. It practically had no ads on it, then as it progressed over the decades, it got ridiculous. We have seen the avergage hour-long TV show's actual running length cut down over the years. A lot of shows are now about 41 minutes where as they used to be 51 or 52. Some channels (Spike TV) are so ridiculous now than an hour-long show (with commercials) is now 72 minutes. No, that is ridiculous, I refuse to watch a 41 minute show in a 72 minute slot. I would much rather be peeling my fingernails or walking on broken glass barefooted.
Same.

That's why I still buy Blu-ray discs and DVDs, along with using AS+. I have never liked commercials and refuse to watch them.

Another reason why I don't go to the movie theater anymore either, because I'm sick and tired of the numerous commercials that are right before the picture starts!!

:mad::mad:

Back