• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Amazon Prime FreeVee - discovery I hope helps others!

TShannon

Maybe this is already common knowledge, but it looks like some titles that are available on FreeVee do not show up as such when you search for them. For example, a few minutes ago, looking for Red Sparrow, I did what I usually do - searched IMDB, where I saw it was on FreeVee. "Sweet!" quoth I, "I can download it with AnyStream to get rid of the commercials!"

But, when I opened AnyStream and searched for it, it didn't show up - only the rental version! I brought up Amazon in Chrome, searched for it that way, and saw the same thing.

Curious then, I went back to IMDB, and tried clicking the FreeVee link. It brought up Red Sparrow, all right, on FreeVee, on Amazon. So, I closed the player, then added it to my watchlist... and was able to use that to get to it in AnyStream. Yay workaround!

TLDR

It looks like some things available free with commercials through FreeVee don't show up in Amazon searches. You can work around by using the link from IMDB to get to it on FreeVee on Amazon, and then saving it to your watchlist. Then in AnyStream, you can go to your watchlist on Amazon and find it.

Amazon doesn't have the best search engine. Your workaround seems pretty cool. Thank you.

Thanks for the tip!

The link for Red Sparrow from IMDB seems to be a non-standard link. Amazon has at least 3 different formats that it uses but the ASIN is always included. This particular link does not have the ASIN. Also the name on the page says "TEST- Red Sparrow". Maybe it was intended not to show up on search?

Haven't noticed this yet, but usually I always go to the main website and add stuff to my list. Then, I always open the list in AS. Only sometimes I search directly within AS.

I often use JustWatch to search the channels if I can't find what I'm looking for on the website or app.
From JustWatch, I open the website and add the one I'm looking for to my list.

Back