• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Amazon dialog boost

Litco

Quick question, should I select all three options for dialog boost in Amazon if available or just use the standard audio if available? I'm mainly curious if selecting all three is just a waste of space. I am not the smartest when it come to this so I just want to know what everyone else is doing! I'm sorry if this has been discussed, I'm sure there is a forum on this and I am sorry but I can't find it. Due to my inability to search forums effectively, I humbly ask for your support. On another note, I was curious to know the end of support date if there was one yet for Windows 7. Any insight would be truly appreciated, I'm using Plex!

Thanks,
David

Last edited:
I avoid them because it throws off the sync time between subtitles.

I avoid them because it throws off the sync time between subtitles.
Agreed, when I was testing I found out that the DB tracks all had a delay of 0.0254 compared to the original track. I only checked a few movies but that value was consistent so it's probably a delay caused by the additional processing they undergo.

Didn't remember about the subs sync issue, but yes, unless you are unae to understand aome things properly, you shouldn't need the audio boost tracks. I will always go with the original and don't even bother checking the destroyed ones.

I notice download options often have some audio/subtitle options pre-checked but others not. How does this happen? For example, the new Aquaman movie pre-checked the usual English, but also Czech, which seemed odd. I assume the streaming provider pre-selects these, and we can change them with AS of course.,

I notice download options often have some audio/subtitle options pre-checked but others not. How does this happen? For example, the new Aquaman movie pre-checked the usual English, but also Czech, which seemed odd. I assume the streaming provider pre-selects these, and we can change them with AS of course.,
this happens from time to time. also, boosted tracks are now always selected for me, even though i never downloaded a single thing that had them from AP.

Agreed, when I was testing I found out that the DB tracks all had a delay of 0.0254 compared to the original track. I only checked a few movies but that value was consistent so it's probably a delay caused by the additional processing they undergo.
Remember that a frame is around 0.04 second long, so a sync delay of a frame or 2 is not very noticeable.

Hello. Sorry, I think you may have mistyped this synchronization, because in this case it is impossible for you to see the difference in this time.

Hello. Sorry, I think you may have mistyped this synchronization, because in this case it is impossible for you to see the difference in this time.
I never said that it was possible to detect this difference. A person would need to have super human hearing to be able to spot a delay that small. I was simply saying that the dialog boosted tracks have a delay compared to the original one. And the delay of 0.0254 is correct; download the original/DB tracks and see.

Edit
By the way, I used other tools like a waveform to actually see the difference. I don't have super hearing. And how I got that exact figure is by inverting the DB tracks and then adding it (subtracting really) to the original track. Then adjust the delay until signals start to cancel out and find the "sweet spot", that's the delay.

Last edited:
Back