• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Amazon Prime US - Audio stereo 2.0 only, no EAC3/5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't want to stir things up so I kept quiet, but yes, Prime in Germany is still 640/5.1.
I occasionally checked over the last days and there was never a degradation in bitrate/channels.
Hopefully they just messed it up accidently.....I can't see them dropping audio quality that much to save a little bandwidth and all the streams still exist in the master MPD's.
Just not with Chrome.

Hopefully they just messed it up accidently.....I can't see them dropping audio quality that much to save a little bandwidth and all the streams still exist in the master MPD's.
Just not with Chrome.
Very possible... AP are a shambles when it comes to any kind of consistency :cautious:

It is no longer possible to download Dolby Digital 5.1 sound on Amazon Prime video. Only 128 kbps AAC-LC stereo is available
Does anyone have a solution?

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 15
Search function is your friend ...
Although there is no solution (yet)

All very strange. Just got a lifetime subscription. No Netflix 1080P anymore, no DD 5.1 640 kpbs on HBO Max anymore, no DD 5.1 on Amazon anymore, no DD 5.1 on Disney anymore. There's nothing left. I'm going to get back to ripping Blu-ray movies. This does achieve the desired result. Was a waste of money. KeepStreams same story bought lifetime license to nothing is working anymore. The days of high quality downloads are over.

I can confirm the issue on prime. I have seen it in several series. 1 day only 1 or a few episode (not all) was affected. 3 day later there was 5.1 sound available for the same episodes. But with today all (from my side checked) films and series have the highest audio quality 128 kbit stereo.

Additional the video Quality is now (since today) affected as well. Not all titles but a lot.
Examples:
The W*lking De*d Maximum - season 1: maximum available video quality = 1280x720, before it was 1920x1080. (all episodes are affected)
Future M*n - season 1: maximum available video quality = 1280x720, before it was 1920x1080. (all episodes are affected)
Spiderm*n H*mec*mming: maximum available video quality = 1280x528, before it was 1920x800.

Cache I have cleared and rechecked, the issue is not caused by cache.

All very strange. Just got a lifetime subscription. No Netflix 1080P anymore, no DD 5.1 640 kpbs on HBO Max anymore, no DD 5.1 on Amazon anymore, no DD 5.1 on Disney anymore. There's nothing left. I'm going to get back to ripping Blu-ray movies. This does achieve the desired result. Was a waste of money. KeepStreams same story bought lifetime license to nothing is working anymore. The days of high quality downloads are over.
The audio issue is only affecting amazon right now AFAIK. If you're having an issue with any of the others you should attach a logfile. Most likely you arent clicking the audio stream before you download if i had to guess. AS is the only software right now that has almost everything working as intended, all competitors have thrown in the towel it looks like. Please be patient.

Maybe this has something to do with why Amazon is screwing everything up right now...

Maybe this has something to do with why Amazon is screwing everything up right now...
Wow. So I guess now when customers hit pause they'll also have to hit mute. When I hit pause I don't want any "video" or "audio" playing.

Post 158 is a perfect example of what we are dealing with, they change things now consistently, they are implementing new protocols, and we have to adjust to them but we cannot do it on the fly. At some point, they will stop when they think their ads and other things have been addressed, and then we will make adjustments. They are doing this on a region-by-region basis, so that is why you still have 640kbp/s in Germany but not in other regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back