• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Amazon Prime US - Audio stereo 2.0 only, no EAC3/5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone confirmed that just streaming through the browser still does 5.1?

I dont stream direct from the browser i was just wondering for anyone who does if it still coming through that way. Its more of a question of if amazon is keeping any stream out or if its just a change in general.

Believe me guys, I want to have better audio as much as you all do. But at this time it just is not possible. We worked for a while to get pure 1080p downloads back, this is a much tougher task. AS I said, I am not a developer, but I do know that Amazon is making changes all over the globe.

Yes of course and it may just be temporary if the behavior of the last few weeks is any indication from amazon. Im not sure when they will be done making changes as im assuming this is related to their new paywall for atmos and dolby vision.

If you can't tell with your ears what difference does it make? ;) ;) ;)
It all depends on what type of speaker setup you have. I used to have a 5.1 setup for my PC. The utility for my sound card at the time would detail the attributes of the audio if needed. At present my main PC only supports 2 channel audio and isn't used for streaming. All the AnyStream content I acquire is authored to Blu-ray and played in my home theater which supports 7.1 channels. The difference in this case is very noticeable, i.e. 2.0 versus 5.1 channel audio.

The point I was making was if anyone is currently streaming direct to a receiver from the browser and if the browser is serving up 5.1 or only 2.0 when not downloading through anystream. I have no way to test this as i dont stream direct from the computer in any way.

It all depends on what type of speaker setup you have. I used to have a 5.1 setup for my PC. The utility for my sound card at the time would detail the attributes of the audio if needed. At present my main PC only supports 2 channel audio and isn't used for streaming. All the AnyStream content I acquire is authored to Blu-ray and used for my 7.1 systems in the home theater. The difference in this case from 2.0 to 5.1 audio is very obvious.
Lowpro, dont you think if we could do it at this point we would? Would you rather us not have a pure 1080p download? I don't understand you guys, you know we would do if it were possible now. It's not. You act as if we did this personally to hurt you. Please let it go.

Lowpro, dont you think if we could do it at this point we would? Would you rather us not have a pure 1080p download? I don't understand you guys, you know we would do if it were possible now. It's not. You act as if we did this personally to hurt you. Please let it go.
Is this DRM related or is it simply just waiting until Amazon is done making changes and then look into those changes if they dont fix themselves like they did a week or so ago?

Is this DRM related or is it simply just waiting until Amazon is done making changes and then look into those changes if they dont fix themselves like they did a week or so ago?
All I am going to say is we have fixed the DRM, you can see that in pure 1080p downloads. Amazon is making changes. We don't live n a perfect world. It is what it is. I sincerely apologise for you not having 640kbp/s.

You are attributing emotion and motives behind my words that are simply not there. Read my replies again. Do I sound like I'm hurt in some way? No, I'm not. I'm not acting like anyone did anything to me. I'm just having a conversation. I'm cool as a cucumber.

All I am going to say is we have fixed the DRM, you can see that in pure 1080p downloads. Amazon is making changes. We don't live n a perfect world. It is what it is. I sincerely apologies for you not having 640kbp/s.
It's more the lack of 5.1 audio for me than the fact the 640 kbps variety is not available. Even the lower kbps options for 5.1 audio are not available. It's 2.0 channel audio only across the board. And yes, it's great that 1080p video is still available. And no, I'm not posting this because I expect you to fix anything. Just having a conversation. If/when Redfox.bz is in a position to make the 5.1 audio options available I'm sure they'll do so. 😉

Last edited:
Streaming in the browser does stereo, and I believe it is AAC
Tested with Reacher, season 2
Yeah, I'm not seeing anyone DD+ options available in AnyStream, only AAC and only 2 channel.

How can any program make 2ch audio 5.1, how can it add channels that are not there? I mean I know you can make "fake" 5.1 but it is not real 5.1 audio, the channels are still missing. If that is wrong please correct me, but I don't see how it can add channels that don't exist.
I am not an audio engineer, but I looked into this a long time ago. This is only from memory, but it's possible to encode more than 2 channels on a 2-channel signal if you make it "compatible" with gear that still processes original 2-channel audio. But if you have gear that can recognize the advanced signal, you can get more than 2 channels. I doubt you get true 5.1 (or 7.1 or whatever), but, as I mentioned earlier, I found this newer Stereo AAC stuff sounded pretty good. I have some "original" 2-channel stereo soundtracks that, through my AVR, do not play through surround channels, but this Stereo AAC stuff does (background sounds, rumblings, sound of bullets ricosheting, etc.). Here are two Wikipedia write-ups you might find interesting:

Dolby pro Logic redirected from Dolby Surround
Advanced Audio Coding redirected from AAC-LC

The content is a little beyond me, but the gist is Stereo AAC might not be as bad as its "Stereo" name implies. If AS can get 640kbps EAC3 5.1 back, that would be great. But I don't consider it AS's fault that we're getting Stereo AAC from AP now.

Yeah, I'm not seeing anyone DD+ options available in AnyStream, only AAC and only 2 channel.
Just give Amazon a chance to fix it.....looks like we are getting the lower level audio (CBR) for everything. Amazon UK and DE are both the same as they were...
everything that was 640K still is.

I didn't want to stir things up so I kept quiet, but yes, Prime in Germany is still 640/5.1.
I occasionally checked over the last days and there was never a degradation in bitrate/channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back