• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Amazing Spider man 2, 3D Cinavia

sf49ers

got the Cinavia notification about 20 minutes in. Crap!

And you're problem is?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

ok so I haven't really been paying much attention to the Cinavia problems but if im reading right anydvd has bypassed the problems? so is it that anydvd just needs a update to handle the Amazing Spider man 2 3D Cinavia notification? I was running anydvd 7.5.1.0 and I see that theres a update out and have downloaded it but don't want to get ahead of myself here. lol. thanks for any help.

AnyDVD has a fix if you are watching the disc on your pc. It makes your software player, such as PDVD (PowerDVD) not to find Cinavia on your pc. It can't help a standalone player not to find it as all the newer ones have a hardware chip built in that does the detection. The way to get around this is to have a pre-2012 player, (actually around Feb 2012) they don't have the chip. There are also non disc player, that play files, not discs that bypass this protection, such as Doom, and some WD players.

first off thanks for the help, and that blows. lol. I have my 3D tv with my stand alone 3D player and I like to keep back ups of my disks. with 3 young boys they have a tendency to get their fingers all over them. I guess I better just keep them away from this one.

and also on the topic, with the 3D back ups I do a 1 to 1 back up with a 50gb disk, still wont help?

No a 1:1 backup to a bd50 won't help. The decryption will still have to be removed for the backup being able to play on your player. There exactly lies the problem, cinavia looks for aacs encryption and the bdrom mark. Neither of them are present on a backup, as such the signal tells the player that it is an unauthorized backup and the player subsequently mutes the audio. Anydvd doesn't remove the signal, not do the features say it can. It patches the software player to not detect the signal. No more no less.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Thanks Ch3vr0n, that definitely helps make sense of it all. is there any hope of a fix out there?

got the Cinavia notification about 20 minutes in. Crap!
You must work for Wal-Mart or some such place.
The earliest release of that movie that I can find at Blu-ray.com is August 19...

The mom and pop rental place where I get my movies from gets there's a week in advance sometimes and their allowed to take them home early _ as Wal-Mart employees are too. :p

And, to my knowledge there are no standalone hardware 3D blu-ray players without Cinavia.

thanks guys,

Hey Ch3vr0n, can you confirm model # for me when you get a chance. I will be ordering one asap. Thanks again

sure, should arrive tomorrow or day after. If i can find a way to hook it up to my PC display, no clue if the screen will auto detect 3D signal

I see one for sale on ebay that has a date of july 2010, that should do the trick. I hope. lol

Or better yet get a player where the maker can not physically install Cinavia detection because it's lacking the circuitry to install it on.

That way you can still receive firmware updates with out having to worry if one of those updates contains the Cinavia detection and still play new discs as features come out.

Like my Sony BDP S360

+++++

I think that's what happened with mine. If I remember right I think I updated my player a few weeks ago.I've never had a problem with Cinavia before. May have just never watched other movies that had it either. Lol

and that dmp-bd100 is one of those. The oldest articles i could find about it are for august 2010, WELL before the cinavia era. Anyway, i'll know soon enough if it has it or not. It should arrive tomorrow or the day after. Then i'll check the fw version and update if needed to the latest eu one 1.41. Pop in a resident evil 3D disc and i'll know after 20min for sure if it has cinavia or not. Pretty sure it doesn't.

Back