• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ALLEGIANT Usa

Matt N

I am also getting black screen about %60 through the movie. I tried again just before posting this, no luck. Maybe another version of the disc?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.3.0_Info_G_ALLEGIANT.ziplog
    267.1 KB · Views: 3
@Matt N Please do not hijack a topic with an unrelated issue. DVD's issues belong in the AnyDVD (DVD section) and not the blu-ray section. DVD's do not have a playlist. This is likely a new protection and the developers will need to take a look.

Only had access to the 2-hour-34-minute title - regardless of whether I tried to copy the whole DVD or just the movie-only. Logfile attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.3.0_Info_E_ALLEGIANT.ziplog
    269.9 KB · Views: 2
Only had access to the 2-hour-34-minute title - regardless of whether I tried to copy the whole DVD or just the movie-only. Logfile attached.
I am a passerby, not too smart, but even I can see you are using 8.0.3.0 and the 8.0.3.1 Beta gives the alternate choice title 2:00; seems logical if you use the newest version like others are you'll be able to select and deselect titles to get a good backup with a working menu.
Just sayin'...
maybe try clicking up top on the letters AnyDVD and getting the 8.0.3.1 Beta in the ever-present sticky colored bright yellow at the beginning of the thread ?

I am a passerby, not too smart, but even I can see you are using 8.0.3.0 and the 8.0.3.1 Beta gives the alternate choice title 2:00; seems logical if you use the newest version like others are you'll be able to select and deselect titles to get a good backup with a working menu.

I just upgraded to 8.0.3.1. And, as someone who's used AnyDVD for a long time, this is the first time I've encountered a bad title (the 2-hr-34-min title) as a "choice." It's obviously a bogus title that simply should never have appeared on the list of titles. To someone unfamiliar with the film, they might have wondered whether this might be a "director's cut" (a longer version) of the film ... and chose it. Fortunately, I knew the film was only 2:00:27 long and "unchecked" the bogus title.

BTW, because 8.0.3.1 is a "Beta" version, I guess that explains why I never got a prompt (or an email) telling me the version even existed. When the final version is released, will licensed users get a prompt or an email ... letting them know an update is required? Hope so. And it might be wise to send emails when future Beta versions are released. Users would at least know it exists ... to give users a choice of whether to download/install it or wait for the final version.

In any case, I've attached the 8.0.3.1 logfile in case R&D wanted to see if there's a reason why the bad title was listed as a choice.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.3.1_Info_E_ALLEGIANT.ziplog
    273 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Well, except for HG: Mockingjay 2, Gods of Egypt, and Allegiant you'd be sorta right...they all had the blank spot unoffered as a choice or there as a main title. It's often referred to as "protection"...tricky Lionsgate!
Many discussions on the forum clued in most users having problems.
Sorry the site doesn't offer emails in a constant stream to all members so you don't have to keep informed on your own and so on...but really?
Most people who notice a problem seem to come and get a Beta if one is ready...or wait.
You may have used AnyDVD a long time, as have we all seems like...but you missed out on the usual easy fix to a bad copy a lot, it seems.
Slysoft had Betas before the "fix" was put on the download page, and so does Redfox.
Where you been all these years?

Where I've always been like every other paying customer ... waiting for that email telling me an updated version is available for download.
Beta's have always only been posted on the forum. And never has an announcement email. That is only done for release versions. Also it could be a little while before it's an actual release. And it is really not hard to check on one thread regularly when online or if you have an issue. Some things still need to be done by the user and should be.
It is always on top of the thread:

https://forum.redfox.bz/forums/anydvd-hd-blu-ray.53/

If you would like bookmark that link and your all set. Really that's the best you can do without it telling you everything posted to thread.

Beta's have always only been posted on the forum. And never has an announcement email.
Why is that? Some paying customers aren't into forums and might not come here. They'll just think their software is defective and might "jump ship" to DVDfab or other similar software. And, that's something RedFox certainly wouldn't want - especially since, as you said:
Also it could be a little while before it's an actual release.

<dont promote third party software in RedFox specific forum sections - Ch3vr0n>

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? Because in the IT sector BETA's are classed as "relatively stable, may contain bugs" and they don't want to push a release that could contain a bug. Beta's need testing and are often for specific new releases with a new protection. This has always been the case and will remain like that. If a user is using the latest release and it doesn't work, they are pretty much always advised then to try the latest beta first.

FWIW, that's worth not a damn thing. This isn't the DVDFab forums. Take that stuff to the third party products section or their forums. Post section removed.

If a user is using the latest release and it doesn't work, they are pretty much always advised then to try the latest beta first.
Advised where? In a forum they might not visit?

Oh, well. It's their business, not mine. Just making what I felt was a friendly and timely suggestion.

Where do you think they come for support first if a disc doesn't work?
Depends on the person. Some people might go to a competing vendor.

Like I said, I was just making a friendly and timely suggestion. If I'm the only person who feels that way, I guess I can live with that.

Doubt anyone really wants off this yacht. I definitely don't. I spend my money with the people actually fixing the problems.
They are the best. Period.

Now they aren't going to send emails for beta's. For the simple fact they are beta's and can cause an issue in some cases. And if someone can't be bothered to check a technical support forum every once in a while especially when they have an issue anyway shouldn't install it, to begin with . Because they wouldn't know how to fix any new problem or what to do to get help. They probably expect an email to tell them how. So they should definitely wait for the fix in the official release .

And I don't think the junk you mentioned emails about beta's either. But do they really have beta's anyway. I mean we've already proven the RedFox fixes work.

Go to a competing vendor? So you're telling me that if you have a licensed anydvd and a disc doesn't work, your first stop is fengtao? That's like saying your Ford car broke down under warranty and your expecting a citroen dealer to fix the problem. Yeah right.

Back