• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

All Audio Sources Playing in Slow Mo after running WASAPI DTS wav output with Reclock

Travesso

Hey guys,

firstly I gotta say, awesome software!!! In 5 minutes I was installed and listening to bitstreamed 44.1khz DTS wav files in glorious 5.1 on my onkyo receiver. This was something Ive been unable to achieve in over a week of nights trying different settings in ac3filter and ffdshow to no avail!! Im using a Radeon 4350 HDMI with Catalyst 9.7 and Realtek HDMI driver 2.39 in Windows 7.

One problem though... After listening to a dts wav, all system sounds, mp3, live tv, etc (all other stereo PCM sounds) are playing in slowmo (reverse of PAL chipmunk effect)! Now the only ways to correct this are a reboot or playing a dts file with foobar2000 using their WASAPI plugin, after which sounds are playes at normal rates again.

I have tried to disable any stretching or compressing in the settings of reclock, and it says it is outputting bit perfect WASAPI. the slow sound occur without having reclock loaded too, just running an mp3 without loading reclock in wmp12 gives you slow mo, along with all windows system sounds.

Is there something Im missing??? I like the idea of reclock because it means only 1 player for everything rather tham going to foobar2000. Can anyone please help?? :confused:

So nobody has ever experienced this problem before??? :bang: Its really strange cuz reclock isnt even running and all sounds play slowly... until either a restart or sometimes playing WASAPI DTS from Foobar2000 fixes it. I'd really love to integrate my audio into media centre so Im open to ideas...

the A/V clocks seem to be tied in HDMI...I think some ppl had this sort of issues sometimes when using pstrip and custom timings..does it happen w/ every refresh rate/resolution? even if you set them in the ATi drivers and keep pstrip closed?

Try using ATI's driver instead of Realtek's one?
There really is no advantage to using Realtek's one nowadays I think.

I have only tried the 50hz refresh rate that I use (I'm in Australia, so PAL system). I dont have powerstrip, only using ATI Catalyst 9.7 and the Realtek 2.39 driver. I dont know if I clarified this earlier but the only reason I am wanting to use Reclock is for a WASAPI exclusive renderer. The video/audio timings are not an issue for me as I dont watch a lot of downloaded NTSC content.

Thanks for the tip, I will try installing the ATI HDMI driver instead of the Realtek one. The only reason I used the realtek one was to enable 7.1 channel audio on my card, but if I'm using WASAPI bitstream, you are right, there is no reason to have speakers set to anything other than stereo anyway :D I will give it a go and see what happens.

Of note, the other day I went into MCE after playing DTS in Foobar2000 and I got slowmo wav/MP3 sounds again. Not quite as slow after running reclock but I still needed to restart the machine to fix it!

Solved!! Uninstalling the realtek hdmi audio driver and using the default microsoft or ATI hdmi driver works perfectly! WASAPI direct bit perfect output and no slowmo sound using Reclock. Very happy :)

Back