• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ALien vs Predator Requiem help please

marlster

Hi,
Could i have some help please. I have (hopefully) uploaded the error message that i get when i try to backup this disc onto the hard drive. It hangs on 1% for ages, then the error appears. I have tried DVD shrink too with which i get a cyclic redundancy check error. I am using AnyDVD version 6.4.5.9 which is set to region code 2, also windows is set to this too. I am using Vista home premium. Any other information I need to supply then please let me know. I have just added the Logfile.
Thanks
Mark:doh:

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_Info_G_AVP2REQ.zip
    88 KB · Views: 3
A FileIO 3 error is a read error. This typically happens due to a bad disc, problematic filters installed (ie packet-writing), or a slowly dying drive.

From your logs:

read sectors failed, sense 3:2:0
tries 2 retry 3203486 to 3203487
tries 1 retry 3203486 to 3203487
tries 0 retry 3203486 to 3203487
read error 3203486 to 3203487, max 3546620, io->read_error 0
WARNING: Problem reading navpack, curSector 36551, absoluteSector 3203486

Read errors. You can try the disc in another drive to see if it also has a problem. It's most likely the disc.

You can try scanning the disc for errors with Nero DiscSpeed:

1. Download Nero DiscSpeed (freeware).
  2. Extract it to wherever you wish
  3. Run the program
  4. Select the ScanDisc tab
  5. Place the original DVD in your DVD drive
  6. Select that drive from the Nero DiscSpeed interface
  7. Click Start

Any red spots that show up are read errors.

Check it in another DVD drive. If you encounter the same error I'd exchange the disc for another copy of the movie.

RE AVP req

I tried The Nero cd-dvd speed.. it crashed while reading the disc so i think the disc is iffy..even tho it plays fine and no scratches..
Thanks for your help!
Mark8)

read is not play

I tried The Nero cd-dvd speed.. it crashed while reading the disc so i think the disc is iffy..even tho it plays fine and no scratches..
Thanks for your help!
Mark8)

Just keep in mind for the future, "playing" a disc is not any guarantee that Windows can do a file transfer or "read". That's like comparing a dump truck unloading to landing a plane at night in a snow storm. 8)

Lately, the studios are cutting corners on mastering and after all, their mission is that you can play it, not copy it. Something to think about.

It's not going to matter much, as you won't be able to see the movie anyways.

IGN trailer:
AVP-RcolorgradingHive.jpg

Same frame; unmodified frame grab from Unrated Edition standard def DVD:
AVP-RDVDmurkyness.jpg

Not only are the studios idiots in mastering DVDs, sometimes so are the film crew. :disagree:

Yeah, I had serious serious issues with the movie due to it totally sucking plot-wise and it being so dark. I realize that it being dark makes it more scary and dramatic but they went way too far. It was so dark that I feel that I missed most of what actually occurred.

It was simply abysmal.

Edit: Anyway, let's stay on topic. This is a troubleshooting thread.

Last edited:
Back