• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Airplane (DVD) - Don't Call Me Shirley Edition

digitalone

Attaching logs. All copies stutter or freeze up. Have tried this on 3 different copies of this title just in case. Disc plays fine in stand alone dvd player. Tried main movie only and full disc. To be honest have never seen this type of problem before with any disc or title. Weird one and has me stumped.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.4.0_Info_E_AIRPLANE_SCE.ziplog
    115.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Settings Screenshot.PNG
    Settings Screenshot.PNG
    60.7 KB · Views: 16
All copies stutter or freeze up
I don't see AnyDVD related problem in the log. Please describe the whole process, how you created "copies", what these are (discs? mkv files?) and how you play them.

I can say my R1 DVD of this same title processed fine some years ago.

I have tried a couple of ways.

1) Right Click Systray Icon of Anydvd and hitting the "Rip DVD TO Hard disk" option.
2) Using Clone DVD I have tried copying full disc and just letting the program create the video_ts folders.

Using Kodi and PowerDVD22 both programs have problem playing back the copy disc but do not if the original is used. One other thing of note. If I let anydvd do the decryption and then try to play the original disc back. "Also know as decrypt on the fly" I get the the same issue as if I was to copy the disc first and then try and play it. However if I disable anydvd and just let the disc run in PowerDVD with no decryption the movie plays fine.

I did try to play with the settings in anydvd when first getting this problem and tried turning the ai scanner on full time or uncheck the box to remove arcoss protection and neither worked so I just hit the defaults button and rest anydvd back to what the default settings it comes with. I have also tried to do main movie only and a funny thing happens there. The movie copies but only has a runtime of 52 minutes when the runtime is supposed to be 1hr 27minutes. I have been fortunate to have access to 3 different original discs of this movie and each has presented the same issues I have described. Of course they were all this special edition.

Forgot to mention. Besides Video_TS folders for playback I have also made them into ISO files which I use for my main form to store and each and every time I see the same problem over and over. Honestly I can't see anything wrong with the discs or the anydvd settings either. That's why this is so strange.

This is weird. I have no idea, what may be the problem. I don't see anything special with this disc.

@James

I have an update to this case. The copy made by ANYDVD was good and didn't have any problems. At least nothing I could find anyways. What I am seeing is that Kodi my player of choice stumbles with the copy and cannot play it past say 10 minutes by which time it freezes up on the picture. However mounting the image and running it by windows media center or even cyberlink's powerdvd 22 the image plays fine. I even went as far as burning the image back down to a dvd and running it against my various standalone players and they all played it fine. I am just going to chalk this up to a problem with Kodi but I have no idea what to be honest. This is the first title I have ever seen that kodi did not play for me. I feel pretty good knowing it wasn't anything I was doing.

Back