• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Agnes Of God

Suntower

Haven't seen this in -years-.

This DVD plays fine on my DVD player, but in my computer it is unrecognised. Doesn't show up as a drive at -all-.

Attached is the log.

Any ideas?

---JC

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.0.4.0_Info_D_EMPTY_DRIVE.zip
    20.4 KB · Views: 2
Yes

The DVD is obviously defective and likely has a bad Windows file system.
If your drive cannot see it then Windows won't either.
No, that is not a protection.

I don't think so... I just tried it in another PC and it works OK. So perhaps the drive is going bad?

To test, I e-mailed for a reminder of my license key so I can transfer to another computer. It's been 4 hrs with no reply. How long does it usually take?

---JC

The DVD is obviously defective and likely has a bad Windows file system.
If your drive cannot see it then Windows won't either.
No, that is not a protection.

Worked as in played, or worked as in ripped?
Two VERY different things.

-W

'Played'...

So I installed AnyDVD on that other machine (since there's a trial period) and it ripped just fine. So I guess it -is- a drive that's going bad.

FWIW: This is a -really- ancient DVD and I'm just now getting round to making a copy. Maybe that had something to do with it. Dunno. In the past, I've had some DVDs that AnyDVD couldn't 'see' but DVD-Decrypter or other programs -could-. But it's been -years- since that has happened.

In short: false alarm! Sorry.

---JC

Worked as in played, or worked as in ripped?
Two VERY different things.

-W

That happens

'Played'...

So I installed AnyDVD on that other machine (since there's a trial period) and it ripped just fine. So I guess it -is- a drive that's going bad.

It simply means that specs and tolerances often lie worlds apart so it's a matter of THAT disc in THAT drive not being "visible" and this happens a lot these days. As for the other scenario that's a matter of recognizing/tolerating READ errors. We choose not to allow too many.

Glad all is well

Back