• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

after reading DVD and preparing to write, CloneDVD hangs

xxx666

2.9.1.9. After reading and ejecting the source DVD, I load in a DVD+RW and CloneDVD sits there for a long time. The progress bar never moves. I can't close the window and a reboot is needed to unwedge it. I've tried it 3 or 4 times (requiring that many reboots!) and used two different DVD+RW's. Same problem.

Attached is AnyDVD_Info_M_CRACKER_SEASON_1.zip.

Below is the info on AnyDVD:

Summary for drive M: (AnyDVD 6.4.5.0)
PLEXTOR DVDRPX-810SA 1.01 07/08/08PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 1866576 sectors (3645 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: CRACKER_SEASON_1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_M_CRACKER_SEASON_1.zip
    63 KB · Views: 2
Is this happening with all blank media or just with +RWs you're using?

I only ever use +RW's. I've backed up lots of DVD's before, and never had any problems. Near as I can tell, it never does write anything to the DVD. The progress bar never gets filled in with anything.

I only ever use +RW's. I've backed up lots of DVD's before, and never had any problems. Near as I can tell, it never does write anything to the DVD. The progress bar never gets filled in with anything.

I doubt anything being's written.

The thing is that dvd+rws do eventually die over time. Are these new discs or old ones?

Also are you able to try another drive?

I've never had a single bad +RW, but I apparently had 2 in a row here. I just tried a third and it worked.

I would say, however, that the failure mode is pretty bad--needing to reboot Windows sucks.

I've never had a single bad +RW, but I apparently had 2 in a row here.

Are they brand new or have you already used them before? If they are brand new, return send them back to the label.

But if they are used, you need to understand that all RW media slowly dies each time you erase and burn again.

I would say, however, that the failure mode is pretty bad--needing to reboot Windows sucks.

Not much you can do about it, really. I've had that happen to me before with other burning programs (reboot is required). If the media is bad, it's bad.

Last edited:
Back