• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request adding tubi to download providers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You still can, resolutions 576p or below are not encrypted.
I just tried grabbing the Pam Anderson series VIP, which is only 480p on Tubi, and it is encrypted. So maybe this was true at some point, but not any longer.

I just tried grabbing the Pam Anderson series VIP, which is only 480p on Tubi, and it is encrypted. So maybe this was true at some point, but not any longer.
I haven't downloaded anything from Tubi in months, but probably also depends on the title and studio. I chose a random series (Tropical Heat:
Code:
https://tubitv.com/tv-shows/477041/s01-e01-hard-case)
and it is 576p and not encrypted.

As I mentioned before, there are many movies available on Tubi TV that are not available on other providers or cost money on other providers.

I often check on Chrome based devices or a Chrome based TV to check for newly available shows or movies. There are many titles only available or only available for free on Tubi. (especially Sci Fi movies)

Amazon has several older movies that are sub 720p and many that are not free. More then half of the downloads I have tried on the CW are not available. Hulu has some videos not available because of your subscription and Disney is still only 720p. There are no perfect providers but many cost money. All I know is that there are many titles I have only been able to find on Tubi TV and it's free and some titles are more protected then others so I have to use several different downloaders sometimes without success.

Until AnyStream adds Tubi (if/when), I recommend using Freevine. It's very easy to use and setup, provided that you know how to dump your own L3 or know someone that is willing to share one with you. It can download single movies and series and supports a handful of other free streaming services (hence the name Freevine).

Code:
python freevine.py get --movie https://tubitv.com/movies/559341/rudy
freevine-tubi.png

I don't see why Tubi can not be added. Most of the films I see there are 720p and even the 480p are often good transfers. But the library of hard to find 1960s and 1970s genre films is amazing. Tons of spaghetti westerns, gialli, gothic horror, etc. And the main benefit of downloading is you get them ad free that way. A no brainer I think.

I believe there have been about 50 pages of requests so far, and a lot are repeats for Tubi,but there are only so many programmers available. Also there are so many spots on the world that have little coverage at all. Personally I would like Crave to be added, but the USAhas such a big audience I'm not holding my breath.
I don't see why Tubi can not be added. Most of the films I see there are 720p and even the 480p are often good transfers. But the library of hard to find 1960s and 1970s genre films is amazing. Tons of spaghetti westerns, gialli, gothic horror, etc. And the main benefit of downloading is you get them ad free that way. A no brainer I think.

It's free and has a large library of content to down load
I suggest 'Internet Download Manager', it will grab Tubi from a browser, and it's not a recorder.
Code:
[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/[/URL]

this is not intended as an endorsement, it's not comparable to AnyStream and cannot accomplish anything that AnyStream can. . .it was previously used for YouTube and the like, and has success with Tubi.

1706582410520.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest 'Internet Download Manager', it will grab Tubi from a browser, and it's not a recorder.
The problem with such downloaders is that they will only work with unencrypted content. To download and decrypt content from Tubi you need software like the one I posted earlier or do it yourself if you how to.

Code:
[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/[/URL]

this is not intended as an endorsement, it's not comparable to AnyStream and cannot accomplish anything that AnyStream can. . .it was previously used for YouTube and the like, and has success with Tubi.

View attachment 77231
This is what I use as well. I wish I could get a good app for remuxing or converting those TS files to MP4

The problem with such downloaders is that they will only work with unencrypted content. To download and decrypt content from Tubi you need software like the one I posted earlier or do it yourself if you how to.
You can sometimes get those by copying the URL generated internet download manager and pasting it into Allavsoft to download. But in no way, does it compare to AnyStream! It's like a poor man's workaround 😵‍💫

The developers are doing the lords work, and should be praised often. 🙌:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Tubi is super easy to pull with yt-dlp. I think in the 100s of movies and tv shows I've grabbed from tubi only a handful were encrypted. I would not waste time on it, but that's just my two cents. I also wouldn't have spent time on getting youtube on AS either, but that's just me.

I think in the 100s of movies and tv shows I've grabbed from tubi only a handful were encrypted
There is, in fact, quite a bit of encrypted content on Tubi, but to be fair, most movies are still not encrypted, it's mostly just big titles. But most mainstream TV shows tend to be encrypted.

Moving on, in the past the main argument against adding Tubi seems to have been the low resolution/bitrate that the site is known for. Now that Apple TV has been added as an officially supported provider, even though it is SD only, I'm not sure that argument holds water anymore. Now it's possible that Tubi is using an odd encryption scheme that would be a burden for the developers to support - I simply don't know - but the resolution argument should be out the window.

This is what I use as well. I wish I could get a good app for remuxing or converting those TS files to MP4
the .ts format doesn't bother me (likely because I don't fully understand it), but everything I use, (mostly Plex) plays .ts without any questions or issues. I've seen .ts on several sites. . .so I'm guessing it's becoming the 'go to' format for steaming video?

the .ts format doesn't bother me (likely because I don't fully understand it), but everything I use, (mostly Plex) plays .ts without any questions or issues. I've seen .ts on several sites. . .so I'm guessing it's becoming the 'go to' format for steaming video?
Here's one quick example of what the .ts format is:

I agree 100%, our customers are very used to the best quality. In my personal opinion, even though we do not charge for added providers, as other programs do, I don't think it would be fair to our developers (to waste time) or our great customer base to add something like this to our program. We do have standards here that we try and adhere to. All this said, this would not be my decision, I would make my feelings known but the last word does not come from me.
speaking of new suppliers, and given that there are many Spanish and Spanish-speaking clients who would be willing, as in my case, to pay an additional plus license for these suppliers who, if they provide maximum quality, and I believe that they do not have a very demanding DRM, would be Movistar, Movistar last seven days, which would download the broadcasts in vod, and filmin, you could do a survey and you would be surprised by the number of people who would be willing to pay for these additional services, in Spain it is one of the largest platforms that people view

Excuses, excuses the bottom line is that Tubi has movies and shows that are not free anywhere else. The last new providers have been completely useless to me in the US.

TS is an old, if not the original streaming video format. It sucks for editing programs though. I run two plex servers each with 14 2TB SSD's and think the MP4's play better on them, but I do have up to 8 streams going at once from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back