• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Adding a "set DVD region" popup to AnyDVD

Seriously, what is so hard about people just setting their drive region? I'm truly baffled.
ähm, it's just the fact that I don't WANT to set my drive region as having no region is great, if there's no AnyDVD running and you want to play an American or Chinese DVD.

Regards,
BurnerHEAD

ähm, it's just the fact that I don't WANT to set my drive region as having no region is great, if there's no AnyDVD running and you want to play an American or Chinese DVD.
You confuse "Region not set" with "Region free".
Without AnyDVD running, you cannot watch anything on a drive where the "Region is not set".

Correct me if I'm wrong James, but it's my understanding that "Region Free" means that it's actually flagged positive for regions 1,2,3,4, and 5. - where "Region Not Set" means that no region flag is set positive. Am I about right there??

-W

You confuse "Region not set" with "Region free".
Without AnyDVD running, you cannot watch anything on a drive where the "Region is not set".
But I can watch my movies without AnyDVD enabled, so I guess my drive is "Region free", but I looked it up, I can still set a region.

=> kinda confused right now.

Thank you!

BurnerHEAD

Drive (Hardware) Region: free

That's what all my optical drives indicate, except for my PX-760a (and since we're all using Anydvd, really, who cares?)

Set your drive's region code and be happy, unless you own a Matshita. In that case, be very very sad, and get a new drive. Then be very very happy.

That's what all my optical drives indicate, except for my PX-760a (and since we're all using Anydvd, really, who cares?)

Set your drive's region code and be happy, unless you own a Matshita. In that case, be very very sad, and get a new drive. Then be very very happy.

And the super duper really important point is that when viewed you see that your Plextor drive shows up as:

Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

I miss my Plextor drives. They were great burners and nice and fast rippers. My Samsung is just as fast if not faster for ripping but doesn't get used for burning.

And the super duper really important point is that when viewed you see that your Plextor drive shows up as

Mine actually isn't set (I'm lazy), because all I use it for is burning and disc scans. I never use it as a reader.

My Samsung is just as fast if not faster for ripping

The Samsung SH-S223F is faster.

Mine actually isn't set (I'm lazy), because all I use it for is burning and disc scans. I never use it as a reader.

Tsk tsk. You're not supposed to admit that, Webslinger. Here we are trying to tell people that they should set their drive regions. :rolleyes:

IMHO, everyone should install a drive, set the region, and be done with it. You use AnyDVD anyway so you'll never need to set it again. Set it and forget it.

Last edited:
Tsk tsk. You're not supposed to admit that, Webslinger. Here we are trying to tell people that they should set their drive regions. :rolleyes:

IMHO, everyone should install a drive, set the region, and be done with it. You use AnyDVD anyway so you'll never need to set it again. Set it and forget it.

I always forget to set the region on a new drive. I think iether PowerDVD or Shrink bitches at me when I go to use the drive or something. THEN I set the region and wonder if I'll actually remember to set the region first the next time I buy a drive. Rinse and repeat. At this moment I have 7 optical drives in my extended network. I *think* they are now all set.

-W

Back