• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request Add BYUtv

Sonichedgehog360

I would like to request the ability to download videos from BYUtv.org. Within the last 2 years, per Edgio whom they had contracted, BYUtv implemented DRM to their channel's website to encrypt their content:

Last edited:
I never even heard of it, but we have a list of things to look into i will add it, but please remember I am not saying yes. What is this, it looks like some kind of business program, we are an entertainment downloader, movies TV, some YouTube music, Amazon Prime Video Netflix, etc. If so this wouldn't be applicable to our programming.

I never even heard of it, but we have a list of things to look into i will add it, but please remember I am not saying yes. What is this, it looks like some kind of business program, we are an entertainment downloader, movies TV, some YouTube music, Amazon Prime Video Netflix, etc. If so this wouldn't be applicable to our programming.
Code:
https://www.byutv.org/

What is this, it looks like some kind of business program, we are an entertainment downloader, movies TV, some YouTube music, Amazon Prime Video Netflix, etc.
So I apologize @RedFox 1 for not explaining the link. The link was an announcement of the addition of DRM to BYUtv's website (byutv.org) by the company Edgio who BYU contracted to add that DRM (according to the press release, their DRM system uses Widevine, FairPlay, and PlayReady) to their channel's website. Prior to that event in 2022, all BYUtv.org content could easily be downloaded from their website with a simple HLS downloader. BYUtv broadcasts family friendly and religious programming and they post all of it for free viewing on their website BYUtv.org. So as @Jimc115 astutely pointed out, I am requesting for BYUtv.org to be added. I understand requests are really wishlist items and each request depends on your internal priorities and its feasibility. Thank you for listening and for providing AnyStream which my family and I love!

Last edited:
BYU is Brigham Young University. This is an American university that is founded on the Latter Day Saints religion (Mormons). It looks like their programming tends to follow the values of their religion, and from a quick look, a lot of the shows seem to be produced for the channel, but they also have a lot of other shows.

It's still possible to download without needing decryption...I sent him a personal message with details.

BYU is Brigham Young University. This is an American university that is founded on the Latter Day Saints religion (Mormons). It looks like their programming tends to follow the values of their religion, and from a quick look, a lot of the shows seem to be produced for the channel, but they also have a lot of other shows.
I agree, we want providers that will be of entertainment value to more countries, not specific programming.

I agree, we want providers that will be of entertainment value to more countries, not specific programming.
The content on the site doesn't change much either....I think it's mainly for the Universities TV Production Program and Students to watch.

The content on the site doesn't change much either....I think it's mainly for the Universities TV Production Program and Students to watch.
Didnt sound like a good fit for AnyStream. But I do not make these decisions, sometimes to do give my advice, its just if I am asked.

Back