• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AAC-LC stereo vs DD+ 2.0 stereo

Mathusem

On Amazon Prime I can select AAC-LC stereo for the audio, however on Netflix I can only select DD+ 2.0, is there a way to force AAC-LC stereo for Netflix? I am not able play DD+ 2.0 for some reason.

On Amazon Prime I can select AAC-LC stereo for the audio, however on Netflix I can only select DD+ 2.0, is there a way to force AAC-LC stereo for Netflix? I am not able play DD+ 2.0 for some reason.
DDP Is better

You can always convert the audio from the downloaded file then remux into the video so that it can be used by your device.

Hi Mathusem....

As suggested, you can convert the audio. A quick and easy way is using VidCoder...it's free. You can set the audio format you want converted, lower the bitrate of the video to almost nothing
(to make a very fast reencode) and then use MKVtoolnix to merge the original video with the new audio. Any questions...just message me. Oddly, there are a lot of devices and TV's that refuse
to play DD+. I'd suggest a Fire Stick to stream through if you can. A ROKU will do also, but make sure it states it will play DD. A Fire Stick is probably the cheapest option and there's a sale on
Amazon coming up on the 11th.

Hi Mathusem....

As suggested, you can convert the audio. A quick and easy way is using VidCoder...it's free. You can set the audio format you want converted, lower the bitrate of the video to almost nothing
(to make a very fast reencode) and then use MKVtoolnix to merge the original video with the new audio.

Why use two different tools for this job? With Avidemux for example you can simply keep the original video stream and convert only the audio. :)

Thanks for the tip...the video is altered slightly...I'll look into what small change it made. The bitrate dropped and the file size was smaller.
Plus side, it quickly converted the audio and even allowed me to increase it to 640k

I realize every time you remux, the file changes slightly...so it's most likely nothing different than would have happened doing it separately.
Again...thanks! It's hard to find programs that have actual VIDEO passthrough. I owe you one!

Wondershare uniconverter does the same thing but it is not free.

I used that a LONG LONG time ago...it didn't offer VIDEO passthrough...I may need to give it a 2nd look now also. Wondershare has a ton of features if I
remember correctly.

I used that a LONG LONG time ago...it didn't offer VIDEO passthrough...I may need to give it a 2nd look now also. Wondershare has a ton of features if I
remember correctly.
Yes it does; It will convert pretty much anything to anything, even extract audio or convert to DD+. I bought 12 and they gave me 13 for free. It even has a subtitle editor but I haven't tried it yet.If you hook a phone up, it will convert for whatever phone it is. It even has a YT downloader as part of the software.

Back