• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Aaargh - can't disable PAL SpeedDown!

cbemoore

I tried enabling PAL SpeedDown for some tests, but now I've found there seems to be no way to disable it again.

If I clear the checkbox, ReClock successfully disables PAL speeddown it while plays that file. But the next time you open a file, its automatically selected itself again... :bang:

Is there any way to disable PAL SpeedDown permanently?

I tried enabling PAL SpeedDown for some tests, but now I've found there seems to be no way to disable it again.

If I clear the checkbox, ReClock successfully disables PAL speeddown it while plays that file. But the next time you open a file, its automatically selected itself again... :bang:

Is there any way to disable PAL SpeedDown permanently?
ReClock stores the settings on unload. Maybe the player crashes before it can save the settings?

But you can use regedit to delete the setting:
Key: HKCU\Software\ReClock\Config
Balue: PALSpeedDown

Thanks for the registry hint - that's finally turned it off properly.

My player (MPC-HC) appears to be closing normally, so I don't know why the setting wouldn't stick. Is anyone else able to test it, just in case its a ReClock bug?

My player (MPC-HC) appears to be closing normally, so I don't know why the setting wouldn't stick.

Logfile...

EDIT:

It's not a ReClock bug. Logfile should end like this:

Code:
    6.75s 000f6c         ~CMonitor()
    6.75s 000f6c         Destroying D3D instance
    6.75s 0001f4         ~CReferenceClock() done
    6.75s 0001f4         CReferenceClock refCount=0
    6.75s 0001f4         Setting reg key DRCActive = 0
    6.75s 0001f4         Setting reg key DRCEffect = 1
    6.75s 0001f4         Setting reg key CorrectionActive = 1
    6.75s 0001f4         Setting reg key EnableLessGoodAdaptation = 0
    6.75s 0001f4         Setting reg key EnableVSyncCorrVMR9 = 0
    6.75s 0001f4         Setting reg key EnableVSyncCorrOther = 1
    6.75s 0001f4         Setting reg key VsyncTarget = 0
    6.75s 0001f4         Setting reg key LockedAdaptation = -1
    6.75s 0001f4         Setting reg key PALSpeedDown = 0 // TADA!!!!
    6.75s 0001f4         Setting reg key PALSpeedupCompensation = 0
    6.75s 0001f4         ~CReClock() done
    6.84s 0001f4         Destroying global critical sections g_critMon=02602a38 g_critSec2=02602a58 g_critSec3=02602a78
    6.84s 0001f4         ---------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Something strange is going on - after disabling PAL SpeedDown in the registry, I've now got the opposite problem - I can enable it but I can't get it to stick!

I've attached my log, where I've followed the same sequence 3 times:

1) Open file in MPC-HC and start playing
2) Open ReClock dialog box - PAL SpeedDown is not ticked
3) Tick the PAL SpeedDown checkbox - PAL SpeedDown starts working correctly
4) Close ReClock dialog box
5) Press STOP
6) Close MPC-HC

Does anything stand out in the logs?

Attachments

• reclock_log.zip
    17.1 KB · Views: 2
I've just checked, and there are no instances of "Setting reg key" anywhere in my log. But there don't seem to be any scary error messages either, so I don't think anything's crashed.

Is it because I'm bitstreaming? :(

I've just checked, and there are no instances of "Setting reg key" anywhere in my log. But there don't seem to be any scary error messages either, so I don't think anything's crashed.

Is it because I'm bitstreaming? :(
The destructor of the CReclock class isn't called, which would save your settings. All changed settings during playback (VSync, locked playback rate, PAL speed up, ...) will be lost.

This happens if the player terminates itself (e.g. by calling ExitProcess) and doesn't unload the filter graph first. Must be a new MPC bug (btw, does MPC finally allow to skip chapters while playing a DVD menu? That's the reason I never use it).
Did you update MPC recently?

EDIT:
I'll change ReClock so it'll save the settings on stop, too. This will solve this problem.

EDIT2:
But you still won't see a QUIT VBS notification.

Last edited:
Must be a new MPC bug (btw, does MPC finally allow to skip chapters while playing a DVD menu? That's the reason I never use it).
Did you update MPC recently?

I'm using the very latest MPC-HC rev 1764 from XVidVideo.RU. I haven't tried skipping chapters while playing a DVD menu - I usually play MKV files rather than DVDs....

I mean - did you update MPC recently before noticing this problem?

I haven't tried PAL SpeedDown before now, so I don't know when the problem started. Would you like me to test with some older versions of MPC-HC?

I haven't tried PAL SpeedDown before now, so I don't know when the problem started. Would you like me to test with some older versions of MPC-HC?
No thanks, next ReClock will have a workaround anyway.

Back