• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A Layman's Guide to Shrinking Blu-ray Size on Hard Drive

Hey Tony

Absolutely it'll work on PDVD, thats how I verify my /bdmv structure integrety -pre & -post burn.

Be sure to use TSremux 0.20 or above for folder creation, it fixes the subtitle PID bug discussed earlier.

Good Luck

Ryan

Last edited:
Hey OK

You might have to school me on that disc, worked on it ad nauseum to no avail.

Have you tried the muxing of an external DVD audio track, that bypass worked for me.

Good Luck

Ryan

I thought you used Waiting in your guide for the bdedit part and streaming, did you not burn it to a disc.

I haven't tried to mux it with outside audio. Do you suggest I use tsremux to pull just the audio and then remux it back together?

Thanks again.

Hey Tony

Absolutely it'll work on PDVD, thats how I verify my /bdmv structure integrety -pre & -post burn.

Be sure to use TSremux 0.20 or above for folder creation, it fixes the subtitle PID bug discussed earlier.

Good Luck

Ryan
Thanks! I'll give it a go. :agree:

I thought you used Waiting in your guide for the bdedit part and streaming, did you not burn it to a disc.

I haven't tried to mux it with outside audio. Do you suggest I use tsremux to pull just the audio and then remux it back together?

Thanks again.

Hey OK

I did use Waiting in guide, thought everything was fine & dandy until a couple weeks later I actually tried to watch it, doh. There was no playback after 00001 / 00002.m2ts demarcation line. Manually random skipping through movie was fine, complete playback beginning to end was not.

After much troubleshooting I finally just pulled the audio track off the DVD version and remuxed that back in with TSmuxer. Technically not as complete audio wise, only 448Kb, but for me, the world went back to spinning, birds started chirping again, etc.

Thinking back, using xport instead of TSremux for demuxing might be worth a shot.

Good Luck

Ryan

P.S. My last resort before sanity got in the way would have been to use xport on each individual .m2ts stream -pre TSsplitter. Take those 30-odd video & 30-odd audio streams and concanetate seperately, mux the resulting single video & single audio back together.

Hey Ryan,

I'm going to give some things a try when I get home. Hopefully something will work.

Have you ever tried to take an mkv and put it to blu ray yet. I have a HD copy of star wars that I got off tv. Trying to put onto a disc. I always get a black screen with audio or stuttering. Got some ideas for that?

Thanks

Hey Ryan,

Couple things.... #1 can we get the authors of BDEdit and TSSplitter to have lunch together. I think there should be export option from BDEdit and a Import options from TSSPlitter. #2 if I was the author of BDEdit, I would search the the MPLS files and find logical possibilities for the possible right MPLS.

Okay, now onto my real question... The Game Plan is brutal with their order... 137 m2ts files that certainly have a few different patterns on how they play, but they do switch every 30 or so files, so it gets time consuming. When I tried to use TSRemux on the joined file, it only creates a 3 minute long m2ts file. How do I get this to be completely one file, it seems like even reading the m2ts joined file, it knows at one time to separate.

Thanks,
Chew

Hey Chew

130-odd xxx.m2ts, oh the humanity.

Sounds similar to Zeblo's issue with Deja Vu in post #59. Could we be getting non-theatrical features on that mpls. Most if not all of my seamless issues have been an incorrect BDedit sequence.

Does TSremux actually work on the entire file then spits out a 3min clip?

Or does it stop muxing at the 3min mark?

I remember Close Encounters giving me similar grief, tried full A/V demuxing through TSremux then muxing through Elecard (this was before TSmuxer hit the scene), well that was a weekend I'll never get back. The problem here was the audio track, if just one .m2ts was an oddball TSremux would go ape doo doo.

If we're confident of correct sequence, I'd suggest joining with TSsplitter as usual then extract the audio only. Run the video only through TSremux again to correct headers and output should play. Then mux back the audio into the video stream with TSmuxer.

If not already applied be sure to enable "bypass audio alignment" in TSremux.

The last thing to check is it....

really..

worth...

archiving?

The Game Plan?

Just Kidding

Ryan

P.S. more info @ doom9 using 191 .m2ts

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1102256

Last edited:
Funny, sorry.. but the fiance is a huge fan of those kiddie movies.

I took back my Panny set-top and purchased a PS3... I'm wanting to stream movies now instead of necessarily burning to optical discs.

The bypass option was already selected. Not sure what to do on this, any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Chew

Hey Chew

Post is edited with some useful strategies.

Good Luck

Ryan

You ain't lying, maybe when DVDJon is done with Itunes he'll look this way

- or -

just crazy talk but Slysoft, being in the drivers front seat, would be in a unique position to develop a commercial version of HD-DVD / BD shrink. If memory serves it was mentioned here that the .xpl nature of HD-DVDs made a shrinking prog doable, or at least less problematic than the bluer side of things.

Last edited:
Can you use TSRemux at a command line? Anyone know?

Another question is anyone have a guide to downsize a m2ts file from 1080 to 720?

Thanks,
Chew

burning loss less audio with blu ray

I love the new lossless audio streams like DTSHDMA, Dolby TrueHD and uncompressed PCM. My goal is to burn a ripped blu ray movie with above audio formats to bitstream from a stand alone blu ray player to my HDMI 1.3 processor.
I was able to shrink blu ray movie Xmen3 with TsRemux to fit into a 25gb disc with DTSHDMA as the only audio stream of my choice. But, when I created a image with nero vision and look into the properties, it shows only a DD 2.0 as the audio format despite having DTSHDMA in my original source. I did not complete burning process because I wanted to confirm it from other members.

I would like to see if any one was ever able to copy them along with video onto cheaper DVDR or DL DVDR media (eventhough it takes more than few discs) or a blu ray disc.
Also, any advanced users were ever able to copy part of the blu ray movie with preserved lossless audio (like we could do very easily with dvd shrink for regular dvd's) and burn onto dvdr disc? It will be perfect if I am able to burn the 30 min war scene from pearl harbor onto a dvdr with uncompressed PCM track so I can test my speakers/amp.

Any help is appreciated!
Peter

Hey Chew

I believe xport was the original code for TSremux. My intensity cap card rma still hasn't arrived yet, argh, I'd love to help you if not too late.

Hey Peter

pm sent, letme know which movie has DTS-MA HD

P.S. Doh, never thought of looking on back of jewel case...Close Encounters will do.
P.S.S. Oh hell no, I'm not re-ripping that seamless POS, life is too short.

Last edited:
Hey Chew

I believe xport was the original code for TSremux. My intensity cap card rma still hasn't arrived yet, argh, I'd love to help you if not too late.

Hey Peter

pm sent, letme know which movie has DTS-MA HD

P.S. Doh, never thought of looking on back of jewel case...Close Encounters will do.
P.S.S. Oh hell no, I'm not re-ripping that seamless POS, life is too short.
Thanks for the reply. Xmen 3 is the movie with dtshdma and I was able to remux only that audio track without any problem. The issue is burning the same onto DVD or Blu ray without converting it into compressed Dolby or DTS. I just want to know if you were able to retain even dolby trueHd or uncompressed PCM tracks from any Blu ray movie you ever burned.

Peter

Hey Peter

Gotcha, X-Men 3 I have.

I haven't got around to burning more than 3 fingers worths of BD-Rs. Compared to streaming the process is, well, longer & more expensive with, for my purposes, a negative gain.

With my non-refundable 2 cents out of the way I'll test the process with DTS-MA HD, burn to a BD-RE, playback on a PS3 2.10 when I get home tonight.

Good Luck

Ryan

Last edited:
Not too late at all Ryan.. Been so busy haven't been able to do much of anything the last couple of weeks.. I do have a question though... Do you know of a simple way to take a .m2ts or .ts file and resize it down to 720p? Anakhan's program bombed out on me.

Thanks!
Chew

Hey Chew

I've been using megui w/x264 jarods build for the oddball 720p downmix movie. Their should be a sticky on doom9's avc encoding forum, hoped to link it but its down for me.

BTW I was searching the archived forum over at storagereview for a question regarding dynamic disks, spanning & 2tb limit in xp. A poster with the same callsign you have had very imformative info, didn't want to bump older posts from 2002-04 so here I am....thank you.

Good Luck

Ryan

Hey Peter

Gotcha, X-Men 3 I have.

I haven't got around to burning more than 3 fingers worths of BD-Rs. Compared to streaming the process is, well, longer & more expensive with, for my purposes, a negative gain.

With my non-refundable 2 cents out of the way I'll test the process with DTS-MA HD, burn to a BD-RE, playback on a PS3 2.10 when I get home tonight.

Good Luck

Ryan
Ryan, thanks for your efforts burning blu ray disc just to check my question regarding lossless audio streams. I will wait for your results. I just ordered a BDRW disc for my self so I could play with it burning different movies& audio etc.,

I even started a thread for it but no one replied confirming just existence of the lossless audio tracks on the burned discs, eventhough they have no HDMI 1.3 equipment. You are the only one enthusiastic about it so far!

I buy bluray discs just for the sake of next generation audio and while video sure looks great on my PJ screen, I keep hoping to upgrade to a cinema scope PJ&screen to get rid off the black bars.

If you are able to burn Xmen-3 with DTSHDMA, I owe you a beer!

Pete

Back