• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A few questions about (the use of) PAL Speeddown.

rijnton

Thanks to the help in another thread, I now have Reclock running fine. Meanwhile I also read the very comprehensive Readme and now have a better understanding of Reclock, although I have to do a few rereads because it is rather complicated for me.
At the moment I still have a few questions about the use of PAL Speeddown:
1) Is enabling PAL Speeddown beneficial for (almost) all sources ? My material consists of dvd's (almost all in 25fps), Blu-ra's (from folders and all 23,976 fps) and mkv's (also 23,976 fps).
2) Do I have to set my tv to 24HZ (in video driver) and can I leave it like that for all sources ?
I ask that because I use MPC-HC with madVR and have set madVR to switch to 23, 24, 50, 59 and 60Hz in "display modes". So should I delete that settings and leave display modes empty and always use 24Hz ? In TMT5, that I use for BD playback it is not possible to automatically switch the refresh rate (at least not with NVidia hardware at the moment).
3) I noticed that when I set TMT5 to Automatic Deinterlacing, the Reclock icon stays yellow. However when I set it to None, everything is fine. Can I leave it to None or could it cause problems with certain files ? In other words when should I enable deinterlacing ?
Thanks in advance.

Update

Please ignore my questions 1 & 2. I think it is clear to me meanwhile.
That leaves only question 3. To be able to use Reclock with Pal Speeddown enabled and TMT 5, I either have to set SimHD Off or set Deinterlacing to None.
Is it best to set Deinterlacing to None or is deinterlacing necessary for certain material ?

Last edited:
Back