8.2.2.4 Playback problems, impossible to play BDs directly from discs

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by LACIE, Mar 18, 2018.

1. LACIE

LACIE Member

Hello

I played my original disc on PowerDVD17ultra with AnyDVD 8.2.2.4, but get a error message.
    PowerDVD17 Ultra does not start playing my disc at all.
    VLC Player 3.0.1 only shows the BD thumbnail,can't play movies.

I have tested it with AnyDVD 8.2.2.2,everything works fine.
    Both versions of AnyDVD shows no error message on their status windows.

Attached log files and a screenshot.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

I tested with a retail disc on my Windows 10 1709 x64 system that is fully updated. I tested with and without AnyDVD 8.2.2.4 beta running. I had no issue either way.

With the above being said, this type of issue occurred back in the December & January time period for [some] people. Myself included but that was resolved. Possibly a recent change in AnyDVD has caused it to crop up again under certain circumstances. A developer's input will be required on that. @James

3. Dekyon

Dekyon Well-Known Member

I have the same message here, but my suspect is that is not an AnyDVD problem. 8.2.2.2 do the same and also if I deactivate AnyDVD at all. I wrote to Cyberlink forum, bu I think I'll wato long time...

4. el Filou

el Filou Well-Known Member

I also have the same issue with 8.2.2.3 and 8.2.2.4, it is an AnyDVD problem but it is not limited to PowerDVD: in fact it's impossible to play BDs and UHD BDs directly from (original) disc with any application. MPC-HC for example says "cannot render the file" even when opening an M2TS file directly, and right-clicking on a file to try and open MediaInfo freezes Explorer.
    Downgrading AnyDVD to 8.2.2.2 fixes the issue.

Interesting to note: playback works when mounting a .ISO ripped with AnyDVD while removing protection, even with 8.2.2.4. I haven't tried with an ISO when keeping protection yet.

I have taken log files from the same disc with 8.2.2.2 and 8.2.2.4; if they are needed please tell me.

@LACIE Could you please update the thread title to reflect that the problem is not limited to PowerDVD but is a general issue when playing directly from original disc? Thanks!

EDIT: the most obvious difference between the logs is this line that appears with 8.2.2.2 but not with 8.2.2.4:
    Code:
      0.20s: Drive E: locked, result 1, took 0 seconds!
    Looks like the issue is with AnyDVD.sys as it has changed in 8.2.2.3 and 8.2.2.4 I think.
    My OS is 10 Pro 64-bit v1703 with latest updates (build 15063.966)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  5. LACIE

LACIE Member

6. Dekyon

Dekyon Well-Known Member

Using AnyDVD 8.2.2.4 with TMT into win7 32, no problems at all. All discs that I try play perfectly.

7. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Please try AnyDVD 8.2.2.5. Thank you.

8. el Filou

el Filou Well-Known Member

This fixes the issue for me, James. Thanks.

9. LACIE

LACIE Member

8.2.2.5 fixes the issue for me, too. Thank you James.