• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

6.4.3.6 & The assassination of Jesse James

paul999

I have been using anydvd sucessfully for about 6 months and have just upgraded to anydvd HD 6.4.3.6. only to find that it will not decode "The assassination of Jesse James..." on blu-ray dvd. Can someone plese help ?

Thank you

I'm afraid I'm new to the forum
How do you post a log file ?

Thank you

I'm afraid I'm new to the forum
How do you post a log file ?

Thank you

You right click on your fox icon in the system tray and choose create logfile.
Then make sure you choose the directory you want to save it on, or watch where it saves too.

I have been using anydvd sucessfully for about 6 months and have just upgraded to anydvd HD 6.4.3.6. only to find that it will not decode "The assassination of Jesse James..." on blu-ray dvd. Can someone plese help ?

Thank you

1. Update to Anydvd 6.3.4.8 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6438.exe

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

Hi Webslinger,

I have installed 6.4.3.9 and have tested that it is working OK
However it will not work with the problem disc & will not allow me to create a log file.

No pop up appears afer I click "create logfile" and there is no zip file in My Documents

What can I do next ?

Thank you,
Paul

Can you play the disc on your PC?

James,

No, it does not register as having a disc in the drive

James,

The disc plays normally in my blu ray dvd player & other dvds play normally with anydvd running in my PC.

The problem would appear to be that anydvd hd is unable to remove the encryption from this BD on my pc to allow it to be either played or backed up

I appreciate your interest and welcome any further advise

Regards,
Paul

See my bad disc guide and follow it. If you are able to make an ISO with AnyDVD disabled, then we have something to look at. Being able to play a disc is not the same as ripping it.

<edit>Ah, Samuri already mentioned working with AnyDVD disabled. Give it a shot.</edit>

I didn't have any issues with this disc. I'm going to agree that it sounds like a disc or drive issue.

Last edited:
Sorry if this sounds silly but does my computer need a blu-ray drive to permit backing up with anydvd hd and clone dvd ?

Sorry if this sounds silly but does my computer need a blu-ray drive to permit backing up with anydvd hd and clone dvd ?

Yes, it does!!!
In order to read a Blu-ray Disc you need a Blu-ray drive!!!

What is the best blu ray drive addition I can make to a dell desktop in order to be able to back up these BD's

What is the best blu ray drive addition I can make to a dell desktop in order to be able to back up these BD's

The GGC H20LRB by LG is available for a good price. It also can read HD DVDs.
Pioneer's BDC 202 has about the same price (at least over here in Germany) but can only read Blu-ray Discs.
Can't say anything about the quality of the LG but my Pioneer managed to read all BDs I've tried so far (about 100 I guess).....

Back