• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

4k Playback

kturcotte1980

Got some 4k discs for Christmas, and have some questions. I don't currently have a 4k player for my computer. What is recommended? I also don't have a Kaby Lake processor. Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon/Haswell), as well as an Nvidia 970 video card. Is there anyway to playback videos I rip with Redfox? The Nvidia HDMI output is HDMI 2.0a and supports HDCP 2.2. Will that work? Also, my TV's HDMI input is HDMI 2.0 NOT HDMI 2.0a. Will that work, or is 2.0a required (I realize I won't be able to use HDR)? If all I have to do is purchase a 4k disc drive and I'm good to go, great, but if I'm going to have to do a complete system upgrade (New processor, which will require a new motherboard, which will also require new DDR4 RAM since my current one uses DDR3), I'd rather wait to purchase the disc drive. If my current video card won't work, what about the new Nvidia RTX 20xx cards?

That depends. Do you want full menu support on a licensed player (powerdvd) or does the lack of menu support not bother you (or intend to use an unlicensed player). In case of option 1 you'll pretty much need an entire new system (ignoring the screen) based on z270 or higher. If you don't NEED menu support there's a lot more options (though there are a few that do menus too)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Back