• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

3rd new copy of Resident Evil Extinction will not play with AnyDVD running

rostar99

I am able to rip the disc to image or to hard drive folders with AnyDVD HD 7.4.4.0. However TMT 5 will freeze up when I try to play either (TMT 5.3.1.196). Even If I try to play the original disc this happens. Now here is the strange part, If I exit out of AnyDVD first I can play the original disc normally. This is the only disc I have ever had an ongoing issue with. I have searched the forum for related threads and none of the solutions apply (older version fixes). This is the last disc to complete my Resident evil collection on my HTPC NAS library. Help! Here is the log file.

Thank you

Don't know why this worked with an older release disc but the latest beta (7.4.4.5) fixed it. Disc now plays fine with AnyDVD HD running and so does the rip.
:eek:

AnyDVD HD
Game Jackal Pro
CloneDVD2
CloneCD

Making digital backups since 2000.
"Ultraviolet" just gives you sunburn and skin cancer.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.4.4.0_Info_H_RESIDENT_EVIL_3.ziplog
    629.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I am able to rip the disc to image or to hard drive folders with AnyDVD HD 7.4.4.0. However TMT 5 will freeze up when I try to play either (TMT 5.3.1.196). Even If I try to play the original disc this happens. Now here is the strange part, If I exit out of AnyDVD first I can play the original disc normally. This is the only disc I have ever had an ongoing issue with. I have searched the forum for related threads and none of the solutions apply (older version fixes). This is the last disc to complete my Resident evil collection on my HTPC NAS library. Help! Here is the log file.

Thank you

Don't know why this worked with an older release disc but the latest beta (7.4.4.5) fixed it. Disc now plays fine with AnyDVD HD running and so does the rip.
:eek:

There was a bug in version 7.4.4.0. A few discs were treated incorrectly. That was fixed starting with v7.4.4.1

There was a bug in version 7.4.4.0. A few discs were treated incorrectly. That was fixed starting with v7.4.4.1

Peer, thanks for the explanation. 8) Intuitively I did not think the beta would make a difference as the disc first came out in 2008 and there where successful fixed versions at the time. Thanks again.

AnyDVD HD
Game Jackal Pro
CloneDVD2
CloneCD

Making digital backups since 2000.
"Ultraviolet" just gives you sunburn and skin cancer.

Last edited:
Peer, thanks for the explanation. 8) Intuitively I did not think the beta would make a difference as the disc first came out in 2008 and there where successful fixed versions at the time. Thanks again.

I can say for most time beta are a hit or miss but with Slysoft Anydvd beta they keep them uptodate and betas are stable to use and run with and as Peer mentioned sometimes without making a release a beta was a sooner way to fix the problem until a full release was put out but beta so far for me have worked very well from Slysoft but I wouldn't say that is the same for other softwares out there.

Back