• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

3D playback after anydvdhd

peterbus

Hi,i have been ripping my 3D movies to hdd (side by side) and playing them with my media player (ts playback) but i havent tried full 3D iso playback.
If i rip to iso does anydvdhd remove the flag that stops a normal blu-ray player from playing 3D ?
If it does im on a winner.:D

Hi,i have been ripping my 3D movies to hdd (side by side) and playing them with my media player (ts playback) but i havent tried full 3D iso playback.
If i rip to iso does anydvdhd remove the flag that stops a normal blu-ray player from playing 3D ?
If it does im on a winner.:D
First, what software are you using to rip 3D movies to HDD and/or convert them to side-by-side? To date, the advice has been that 3D movies should be ripped *only* as full ISOs due to the unique file structure of the Blu-ray 3D format, which makes most HDD rips larger than 50GB. However, since you suggest you're getting side-by-side 3D from HDD rips, the software you're using for that may be of interest to other AnyDVD HD users.

As far as removing the 3D-only flag, I don't believe AnyDVD HD removes it from the ISO (though I could be wrong). The closest option is "Simulate connected 3D display", but IIRC it only activates during playback; it merely tells the scripts behind the 3D-only flag that you have a 3D display so they won't stop playback. Thus, I believe it would only work if you played the ISO back using a software player on a PC with AnyDVD HD active and the checkbox checked; the ISO itself still has the 3D-only flag. (Peer or James, if I'm wrong please correct me with my apologies.) Even then, playback will be in 2D (using one eye of the 3D movie) unless your player supports 3D.

I do know that checkbox is *NOT* needed if you're using a software player that plays BD3Ds using non-HDMI 1.4 3D methods (anaglyph, side-by-side, checkerboard, etc.); the player itself tells the disc you have a 3D display. I've never had to use the checkbox, and I've successfully played a few BD3Ds in anaglyph 3D on an ordinary monitor using TMT5's Sim3D feature. (Nearly all recent versions of TMT, PDVD & WinDVD have similar features.)

First, what software are you using to rip 3D movies to HDD and/or convert them to side-by-side? To date, the advice has been that 3D movies should be ripped *only* as full ISOs due to the unique file structure of the Blu-ray 3D format, which makes most HDD rips larger than 50GB. However, since you suggest you're getting side-by-side 3D from HDD rips, the software you're using for that may be of interest to other AnyDVD HD users.

As far as removing the 3D-only flag, I don't believe AnyDVD HD removes it from the ISO (though I could be wrong). The closest option is "Simulate connected 3D display", but IIRC it only activates during playback; it merely tells the scripts behind the 3D-only flag that you have a 3D display so they won't stop playback. Thus, I believe it would only work if you played the ISO back using a software player on a PC with AnyDVD HD active and the checkbox checked; the ISO itself still has the 3D-only flag. (Peer or James, if I'm wrong please correct me with my apologies.) Even then, playback will be in 2D (using one eye of the 3D
movie) unless your player supports 3D.

I do know that checkbox is *NOT* needed if you're using a software player that plays BD3Ds using non-HDMI 1.4 3D methods (anaglyph, side-by-side, checkerboard, etc.); the player itself tells the disc you have a 3D display. I've never had to use the checkbox, and I've successfully played a few BD3Ds in anaglyph 3D on an ordinary monitor using TMT5's Sim3D feature. (Nearly all recent versions of TMT, PDVD & WinDVD have similar features.)[/QUOTE
Hi,i use dvdfab 3D ripper to rip to hdd ( side by side) even though dvdfab says to disable anydvd i let it run in the background.
I rip to ts and use a €99 xtreamer to play the files to my projector,i also use a dune prime as well,all work without probs but if i could play 3D iso with my prime id be very happy.:D
P.s. you can also rip to av1,mt2s etc

As far as removing the 3D-only flag, I don't believe AnyDVD HD removes it from the ISO (though I could be wrong).
It does.

The closest option is "Simulate connected 3D display", but IIRC it only activates during playback

Sure. Playback from the original disc, playback from an ISO, playback from a copy.

It does.

Sure. Playback from the original disc, playback from an ISO, playback from a copy.
hi,i ripped to hdd using these settings.
KM9FE.jpg
W93NG.jpg
7XcdQ.jpg
but no luck the disc (iso) detects the player is not a 3d player and wont play the iso.:bang:

You can't play a 3D Blu-ray disc in 3D mode on a 2d player.
It is possible to play a 3D disc in 2D mode tho on a 2d player

You can't play a 3D Blu-ray disc in 3D mode on a 2d player.
It is possible to play a 3D disc in 2D mode tho on a 2d player
Im trying to establish if anydvdhd can remove the flag that handshakes with the blu-ray player,im using a media player and at the minute i rip to side by side but if i can rip to iso instead of ts i can rip my 3D collection to hdd!!!
The point of anyhddvd is to be able to backup your blu-ray collection and play back your unprotected discs,i just want to take that a step further on.

hi,i ripped to hdd using these settings.
but no luck the disc (iso) detects the player is not a 3d player and wont play the iso.:bang:

Ah, I forgot to mention... the player must be Blu-ray version 2.0 compatible (introduced with 3D Blu-ray). Otherwise a disc demanding 2.0 won't play.
In other words, you may need a 3D capable player, but it can be set up to play 2D only, and a disc which demands a 3D setup, can be played 2D.

Im trying to establish if anydvdhd can remove the flag that handshakes with the blu-ray player

It does. But it can't convert a v1.1 player into a v2.0 player. I tried to remove the version check (AnyDVD telling the disc "yes, it's a 2.0 player") but this will crash any < 2.0 player as soon as a >=2.0 command is used.
Didn't make sense.

It does. But it can't convert a v1.1 player into a v2.0 player. I tried to remove the version check (AnyDVD telling the disc "yes, it's a 2.0 player") but this will crash any < 2.0 player as soon as a >=2.0 command is used.
Didn't make sense.
As usual thanks for the info,im using anydvd for years and you are always ahead of the game..
Il stick to side by side until i find a way to play sequential 3D on my media player,im not a great burner,as this seems to be the only way to play full hd 3D region A iso after anydvd on my player
Thanks again.

It does.

You were actually responding to my statements; the OP deleted a bracket from the closing quote tag around my quote. But then I invited you to correct me if I was wrong. ;)

Back