• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

3D back ups

sf49ers

I use bdrebuilder and imgburn to back up my bd movies but have been thinking of 3D and was wondering if its the same process or is it different programs and such. Thanks

currently 3D discs cannot be shrinked. The only way to backup those is a 1:1 backup. Rip to ISO > burn iso back to suitable sized disc. DVDFab claims to be able to backup 3D discs and i've tried it. Only 1 out of 15 discs i tried was able to be shrunk, however the disc was severely pixellated and even hung permanently near the end. I do not recommend it at all.

There is a way to do a half backup. Meaning BDRB will process a 3D disc and shrink it, however it will ignore the SSIF folder (2nd eye video stream needed for 3D display). Effectively creating a 2D only backup. You'll retain full menu & bonus features (if any), but the link to start the 3D playback will not work.

so if I read you right I could do it but I would use db-rebuilder in full movie mode and would need a 50gig bd-r?

thanks Ch3vr0n

no you did not read right. If you use BD-Rebuilder i did say you'd have a half backup. you'll end up with a 2D only backup. If you wish to retain the 3d stream (on 2D/3D hybrid discs) there is only 1 proper way to back up.

Rip with Anydvd HD to iso > load iso into IMGBurn > burn iso to disc. That's it
Depending on the source disc you need to match it. I've seen a 3D disc on a single layer disc.

So if the source is a single layer > use a single layer for the backup
if it's a double layer disc > use a double layer

ok I think I got it! Thanks so much Ch3vr0n!!! :bowdown:

Well i have used the latest DVD fab to not only re-encode a few 3D titles lately but also to strip audio streams out as i do it, i have only used it on titles that are around the 30 gig mark but i have done both The hobbit disks and Cirque De Soleil amongst others and they play fine on my Panasonic.

I've also tried DVDFab for 3D and have had issues with it. I've found it doesn't always sync the frames so sometimes your images don't look right. That and the fact that I've found a lot of the time it just fails to encode them with an error

yup, some random filter error and "backup failed", or it "hangs" somewhere through the encoding process and just sits there with a stuck preview frame until you cancel the encode urself.

Back