• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

3D and BDMV, why it need to be ISO?

V

VAMET

Dear Friends

Is there any chance to have 3D sa BDMV folder structure instead of ISO?
Why 3D movie must be copied as ISO?
Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Sincerely

Dear Friends

Is there any chance to have 3D sa BDMV folder structure instead of ISO?
Why 3D movie must be copied as ISO?
Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Sincerely

Because the original disk uses features of the UDF filesystem which allows the same data block to be referenced from within multiple different files. ( Somewhat like links or shortcuts. )

So if you simply rip file-by-file, you end up with multiple copies of the same data, rather than the original single copy with links.

Ripping to ISO rips the whole filesystem as well as the data contained in it.

To allow ripping to files, I guess you'd need a specific UDF-aware ripper that could determine where different links lead to the same data, and I don't know if that could be replicated on an NTFS filesystem. It may be necessary to develop read/write UDF filesystem drivers and then create a writeable UDF HDD partition or virtual drive to rip to. ( Windows' UDF support is read-only, I think. There's no option to format a hard disk as UDF ).

Or something like that.

--
SC

and I don't know if that could be replicated on an NTFS filesystem.

No, it cannot. Same is true for the interleaving on 2D discs. Hence, I strongly recommend to rip to image. It takes only 1 second to go from image to folder (mount the image), but it is impossible to go the other way.

Dear Friends

So there is no way to create Main Movie from 3D Blu-Rays? Only FullBD?
Sad... :(
Best regards.

Sincerely

Considering that 3D takes around 1.5x the data of 2D, many 3D movies will occupy most of a 50GB disc and without much in the way of extras.

Consequently, there will not be much point trying to reduce the amount of data by ripping the main movie only: savings will not be as great as with 2D and certainly not down to 25GB. Might as well simply rip the full ISO.

If you really want to save space, you could convert a 3D Bluray to a side-by-side presentation, by re-encoding, but this will also halve the resolution.

Back