• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

3319a or 3370a? Difference only in play from HDD?

That's a good thing, actually. ;) It allows us to play the images in PowerDVD. :)

so if the ISO had a booktype of BD-Rom PowerDVD would not play the ISO of a BD? it may not matter I guess as it works, but it's allot of work to redo ISO after u build up allot of them over time, thats all my concern was over this,
maybe powerDVD don't even care about the disc type only the file structure layout,

BTW using UDF partition on BD and HD DVD ISO works with powerDVD also
the only thing I have seen UDF2.5 do is make it unreadable to XP like as in u can't browse the disc, just can use anydvd to re-rip it or power DVD to play it

there is also another partition option I never seen anyone mention the settings for , Physical Partition, (witch is what I been using) virtual partition,
separable partition, for UDF partition types, :confused:

I don't know anything about those partition options. However, the fact that PowerDVD plays your ISOs is a good thing. :)

Does a PDVD switch have to be specifically written for each new version of PDVD or can I take the relevant files out of 3730a and put them in the 3730 folder that came with the switch, if you get my drift, so I can still acccess 3319a? As well as upgrade to 3730a.

I have the latest 3730a version of PDVD and I still have 3319a + 3730 versions via the switcher created by Kiriakos installed in a different place... I can load the 3730a via its shortcut OR 3730/3319a via the switcher shortcut... However, even though the player says it is 3319a and I can access HD folders from HDD, it does not play with 3319a, only with 3730 or 3730a.

Any ideas why 3319a doesn't play even though I can access folders?

Huge thanks.

P.S.

What's happening is that even though there are two installations on different HDDs that I am accessing via shortcut and switcher, when it loads PDVD it is always 3730a... even though it allows HD folder access, which is weird.

Last edited:
is 3370a avail anywhere.

I have 3319a and 3516 only....I just never kept all versions

is 3370a considered best?

@flicker

Not a clue, sorry. I only use 3730a and have never used the play from folder option. I've always done mine as ISOs.

@ron

3730a was available on the cyberlink site. Don't know if it's still there or not but I'd go check for PowerDVD 7 Ultra patches on their site and that should give it to you. "Best" is a relative term with PowerDVD. It's what I am using, though. No problems so far.

I checked their web site....could not find it.

I would like to keep a version that many seem to be using.

If anyone could upload 3730a installer somewhere I would be greatfull!!!

What is "3370a"??

3319a
3319f
3730a

Those are the versions I know about.

dunno....it is in title of this thread and some seem to really like it...is it a typo?

No, 3319a is considered the best. Even if by saying 3370a you mean 3730a.

3319a was certainly the most stable version they ever released. However, I would argue that it is most certainly not the best for new titles. Any profile 1.1 title is going to have issues. Resident Evil Extinction comes to mind. I've been using 3730a exclusively since it came out and haven't (yet) had any issues with it. For me, it's the "best" so far, but, that description leaves a lot to be desired. There is no "perfect" version.

Any profile 1.1 title is going to have issues.

You mean, even if you don't use 1.1 features, like PIP or whatever they are?

I've been using 3730a exclusively since it came out and haven't (yet) had any issues with it.

I had this update installed for short time for testing, and found that it did not play sound in "The Simpsons Movie" trailer, which is the first thing which plays on "Fantastic Four 2" disc. And this disc just happened to be in the drive at the time I installed the update. For other clips of that disc, sometimes it played sound, sometimes it didn't. It played the sound in the main movie though.

And every time I install any of the recent updates, I end up uninstalling PowerDVD completely and installing good old 3319a. :)

Last edited:
You mean, even if you don't use 1.1 features, like PIP or whatever they are?

Unfortunately, yea. RE:E was a real pain in the ass when it first came out. I had 3516 installed at the time and during certain scenes in the main movie the CPU would just spike off the chart and the movie would skip/freeze/pause/generally irritate me. 3730 came out and mostly fixed the problems. (Now that I think of it there was a release before 3730...3704 maybe? I'd have to check on the version number. It sucked. Big time.) But yea, just basic playback of profile 1.1 titles is broken in anything before 3730.

I had this update installed for short time for testing, and found that it did not play sound in "The Simpsons Movie" trailer, which is the first thing which plays on "Fantastic Four 2" disc. And this disc just happened to be in the drive when I installed the update. In other clips of that disc, sometimes it played sound, sometimes it didn't. It played the sound in the main movie though.

And every time I install recent update, I end up uninstalling PowerDVD completely and installing good old 3319a. :)

I'll have to check my FF2 disc. I don't recall there being a problem. Of course, I had MASSIVE sound problems with 3730. DVD's were totally screwed in terms of audio sync for me. After an incredibly painful and lengthy reinstall process they sent me I was able to resolve it. 3730a seems ok for me. But I'll definitely check on that simpsons trailer sound problem and see if it's a bug. What amazes me is that PowerDVD 8 gets released and ATU is still completely ****ed according to some posts. I still don't have that movie and keep putting it off til I hear that it's fixed. Not very encouraging.

As I said, 3319a was definitely the most stable. Unfortunately, it just doesn't work with all my discs at this point. :(

I had this update installed for short time for testing, and found that it did not play sound in "The Simpsons Movie" trailer, which is the first thing which plays on "Fantastic Four 2" disc. And this disc just happened to be in the drive at the time I installed the update. For other clips of that disc, sometimes it played sound, sometimes it didn't. It played the sound in the main movie though.

Finally had a chance to check. You're absolutely correct about this. No fracking sound on the Simpsons trailer. What a great release we have! I bet their "solution" will be to upgrade to 8. I really hate this software. I just don't have a better alternative at the moment. :(

3319a

Would anyone know how I could get a copy of PDVD 3319a?

I have the newer PDVDU 7.3 version, but would prefer the older.

Thank you

We're not allowed to give links to old versions. You'll have to search the web for it.

Back