• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

30 TCSectorReader error with recorded DVDs

CKENN19

I have a small video business where I record weddings, graduations and plays and such... I've never had a problem before, but all of a sudden, clone DVD keeps telling me to clean my disk and won't copy it...

The disks are brand new... in fact, I pulled one directly out of its case, burned it, and it won't copy it... it's untouched. Left it in the machine.

After trying to copy the original and cleaning it like a fiend... it finally worked... after about 7 tries!! Yet, when I tried to do it again... with the brand new disk... left inside the machine... I got nothing.

They are Verbatim.

gives me:

D/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB read error

details: File1 D:/VIDEO_TS_/VTS_01_01.VOB 30 TCSectorReader

In other words... I'm having the same problem... HAVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE?

The 30 TCSectorReader error typically means the original disc is bad or the DVD drive is dying.

Am I understanding that the discs you are having this issue which is not a commercially pressed discs? Is it a disc you have recorded?

Please post log files:

• Ensure AnyDVD is running.
  • Put the problematic original movie DVD in your burner. Wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc.
  • Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  • Select "Create Logfile".
  • Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file.
  • A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "OK".
  • Go to your "My Documents" folder.
  • You will see a ZIP file called "AnyDVD_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f).
  • When replying or posting in the SlySoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread).
  • If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  • A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't, please ensure your browser is configured to allow pop-ups from the SlySoft forum).
  • Click the "Browse" button and locate and select the ZIP file you created.
  • Click "upload".
  • Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the ZIP file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

Last edited:
Here's my logfile:

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_Greater Tuna.zip
    49.4 KB · Views: 11
So, this has nothing to do with a DVD recorded by a Panasonic DVD recorder (DVD-VR). As James said, this is completely different.

Furthermore, this is the log file of a single layer DVD-R, that has no CSS and is region free. IOW, it's a copy of a commercial disc and not an original. If this is the disc you are having problems with then the problem is your copy. Use the original and make a new backup.

No. This DVD was recorded with the very drive I'm trying to make a copy with. This was a program that I videotaped, edited with Adobe Premiere Elements and burned with this laptop and disk drive. The reason why I said I was having the same problem as James, was that it was a DVD that I created.. and until now, I had never had a problem burning DVDs I had created.

The logfile that I sent you was the ORIGINAL disk burned from Premiere Elements with the same disk drive that I'm trying to make a copy with.

No. This DVD was recorded with the very drive I'm trying to make a copy with. This was a program that I videotaped, edited with Adobe Premiere Elements and burned with this laptop and disk drive. The reason why I said I was having the same problem as James, was that it was a DVD that I created.. and until now, I had never had a problem burning DVDs I had created.

The logfile that I sent you was the ORIGINAL disk burned from Premiere Elements with the same disk drive that I'm trying to make a copy with.

When I use the word "original" I am referring to a commercially pressed DVD. The kind you buy not the kind you create. Remember the purpose of this software is for dealing with commercially pressed discs.

The error generally means the disc is bad or the drive is dying. Other than that there isn't much more I can tell you. The fact that you have converted and created this disc makes it harder to begin to diagnose.

Try using Write Existing Data in CloneDVD with AnyDVD disabled. That might work. Otherwise I can't suggest anything else for this situation.

Make sure you are using the latest versions of software...

AnyDVD 6.4.5.0: http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
CloneDVD 2.9.1.9: http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD.exe

Try the following:

1. In the CloneDVD preferences check the box next to Use File System instead of Internal I/O
  2. Disable AnyDVD
  3. Put the disc in the drive and try now.
  4. If you still have a problem reboot and disable AnyDVD and try again
  5. When you are done go back and uncheck the Use File System instead of Internal I/O setting in CloneDVD
  6. If you already had to reboot previously then I would suggest rebooting again now that you've unchecked the setting in CloneDVD.

If this method doesn't work then you are out of luck.

Thanks. I'll try this. Unfortunately though, I think my drive may be gasping for his last breath.

*cough* sorry ed... *cough* i don't think... *cough* I can make it any further... *cough* you'll have to go on without mee.

Weird though. I burned 2 disks last night. NO problems.... commerical disks.

I have record now... which I've used in the past to reproduce my created DVDS... maybe I should disable anyDVD when I do that? Cause it isn't working either.

Thanks. I'll try this. Unfortunately though, I think my drive may be gasping for his last breath.

*cough* sorry ed... *cough* i don't think... *cough* I can make it any further... *cough* you'll have to go on without mee.

Weird though. I burned 2 disks last night. NO problems.... commerical disks.

Meaning the problem may be the specific disc. That disc may have been flawed from its creation when it was originally burned. Remember, CloneDVD's purpose is handling commercial discs and not homemade discs.

I have record now... which I've used in the past to reproduce my created DVDS... maybe I should disable anyDVD when I do that? Cause it isn't working either.

Since the disc has no protection on it there shouldn't be a need to use AnyDVD. My instructions for using CloneDVD included disabling AnyDVD.

Last edited:
For the record:

No progams that used my disk drive were working.... I couldn't use any of my DVD burn programs... RECORD NOW or burn a CD with Windows Media Player...

Until I turned off anyDVD and checked the Use File System Instead of Internal I/O setting.

I've burned 2 CDs, copied 2 DVDs and burned 6 DVDs since doing the things listed. All home made DVDs and CDs.

I've been using anyDVD and cloneDVD for over a year now... and this has never happened until now?

just for the record.

For the record:

No progams that used my disk drive were working.... I couldn't use any of my DVD burn programs... RECORD NOW or burn a CD with Windows Media Player...

Until I turned off anyDVD and checked the Use File System Instead of Internal I/O setting.

I've burned 2 CDs, copied 2 DVDs and burned 6 DVDs since doing the things listed. All home made DVDs and CDs.

I've been using anyDVD and cloneDVD for over a year now... and this has never happened until now?

just for the record.

Changes have been made to both programs since they were created as well as in the last year alone. The nature of copy protection mechanisms tends to make changes necessary. In the more recent versions of AnyDVD & CloneDVD they no longer use the Windows File System by default and this helped resolve some Vista issues with discs such as High Shool Musical 2.

The steps I listed will be something I guess you'll have to use in the future when you deal with homemade discs. I strongly suggest you to change the setting back so you are using the internal I/O when you are not dealing with these problematic homemade DVDs. The fact is that the software is for commercially pressed DVDs and not homemade ones. If you can also handle homemade discs then that's a bonus but it isn't the original purpose of the software. You can also simply make an image of the disc using CloneCD with AnyDVD disabled. Your disc had zero protection on it so, in theory, imaging the disc and burning that image should work. Notice that I said "in theory". A bad disc can simply be a bad disc.

Last edited:
Thanks. I think the anyDVD was affecting Record Now and Windows Media. LOL. No problems. I don't have any problem switching back and forth. I was just freaking out. I make around a thousand a month with independent production DVDs and I got a list of people waiting for their disks.

Must have been something that triggered with the new updates because this is the first time this has happened.

No sweat here... as long as anyDVD and cloneDVD keep doing the badass jobs that they do. I can sacrifice by pressing a few extra buttons.

Back