• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

3 Reclock questions

sanderh

Three user-specified reclock questions:

Involving Kernel Streaming:
I use XBMC as movie browser. This program has external player support. I use MPC-HC as player. When I start a movie WITHOUT using XBMC directly via MPC-HC I have sound. When starting the movie through XBMC I have no sound. XBMC somehow prevents kernel streaming from working (read giving sound). I use the http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=179393&postcount=108 method and get sound (with the setting 16 bit) for all media when directly running media from MPC-HC. When going through XBMC and MPC-HC starts as external player XBMC killed the sound some way......

Involving Multi-Channel 5.1 PCM output:
Am I correct that I don t have to check ANY setting in the main ReClock config window except for 'set matching speaker configuration for PCM sound'? So NOT check use AC3 encoder for PCM sound? Am I correct that this settings coverts PCM to AC3 and that I don t need this because I want to output 5.1 Multi-Channel PCM sound?

3.*
I played again with the 'Sound-Pre-Buffer size' and 'Max Latency For PCM audio' (in % of Pre-Buffer size) because the standard 700/20 values gives my lipsync problems. I played with it for over 3 hours and now know for sure that these two values have much influence on lipsync. However, I still don t understand what they do so I can t figure out what setting is best for me to have zero lipsync issues.

*James, if you read this topic, I know you said to read the manual but I went over Ogo's manual a dozen times but can t get a clear answer what these values do and what setting would be best for my setup.

My setup:
XP with SP3
ASUS HD4350 with audio over HDMI out with lastest 9.2 driver
latest Reclock
latest MPC-HC 1005 version

Last edited:
Involving Multi-Channel 5.1 PCM output:
Am I correct that I don t have to check ANY setting in the main ReClock config window except for 'set matching speaker configuration for PCM sound'? So NOT check use AC3 encoder for PCM sound? Am I correct that this settings coverts PCM to AC3 and that I don t need this because I want to output 5.1 Multi-Channel PCM sound?
Correct. (As you probably have figured out now by yourself)

3.*
I played again with the 'Sound-Pre-Buffer size' and 'Max Latency For PCM audio' (in % of Pre-Buffer size) because the standard 700/20 values
700/20 isn't default.

gives my lipsync problems. I played with it for over 3 hours and now know for sure that these two values have much influence on lipsync. However, I still don t understand what they do so I can t figure out what setting is best for me to have zero lipsync issues.
These settings shouldn't have influence on lipsync. ReClock should sync video and audio regardless of this setting.

These two values are just the buffer size of ReClock (in ms) and the max latency before ReClock drops or repeats a sample in percentage of the buffer size. E.g. 500ms and 20% = 100ms max latency before ReClock drops/repeats samples.

I believe WASAPI (and WAVE?) might have a bug, audio seems to be a little too early. DSound seems to work perfectly. (and under Vista sounds damn good, too).

... and what have we learned here?
*If* you have a problem (lipsync or whatever) *always* try with *DEFAULT* settings. If the problem is gone (which it usually is, 'cause default settings are tested, tested and tested), slowly change settings *one after another*. If you found the problem (e.g., changing DSound -> Wasapi or KS causes a specific, reproducible problem), post a bug report including all relevant information, e.g. logfile.

thxz,

and what about the first problem with XBMC that I have?

Back