• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

24p Sync problem: Can Reclock help me?

Rathbone80

I have a Problem with Blu-ray playback in PowerDVD 8 with my new samsung LED backlight LCD. When I use 60Hz, audio and video are perfectly in sync. But with 24 Hz audio is slightly ahead of video. Can Recock help me with this? What settings do I have to apply?

Thanks for your help

Rathbone

I have a Problem with Blu-ray playback in PowerDVD 8 with my new samsung LED backlight LCD. When I use 60Hz, audio and video are perfectly in sync. But with 24 Hz audio is slightly ahead of video. Can Recock help me with this? What settings do I have to apply?

Thanks for your help

Rathbone

Yes it probably will. I had the exact same problem with my Pioneer plasma display and file playback with Mediaportal but now that i am using Reclock, everything stays in sync at 24HZ.

Thanks. I should mention I use analog 5.1 sound from a Auzentech Prelude.

The VSync options seem to work for this, I tried them and it seems to have a positive impact on a/v sync altough the problem is not gone entirely. Can someone explain me which settings I have to set for perfect sync?

Help is much appreciated.

Last edited:

The VSync options seem to work for this, I tried them and it seems to have a positive impact on a/v sync altough the problem is not gone entirely. Can someone explain me which settings I have to set for perfect sync?

Are you using an integrated chipset such as Nvidia 8200/8300 ? Because in my case, i got rid of a/y sync problem in 24HZ only after i succeeded in having Reclock work correctly and it only happened once i used a specific video card (8500 GT) instead of the onboard one. AMD cool & quiet or Intel equivalent also prevent Reclock from working so make sure you disable them. Integrated audio also had side effects.

I now use 24HZ for everything (including PAL DVDs) but 1080i material.

My Reclock setting is almost the default one; i am just using Kernel Streaming and i am not using it for PowerDVD as i never got any sync issue with that software. Also make sure you have exact 24HZ output or set it precisely with nvidia control panel if you are using a nvidia card (there might be something similar for AMD cards).

Are you using an integrated chipset such as Nvidia 8200/8300 ? Because in my case, i got rid of a/y sync problem in 24HZ only after i succeeded in having Reclock work correctly and it only happened once i used a specific video card (8500 GT) instead of the onboard one. AMD cool & quiet or Intel equivalent also prevent Reclock from working so make sure you disable them. Integrated audio also had side effects.

I now use 24HZ for everything (including PAL DVDs) but 1080i material.

My Reclock setting is almost the default one; i am just using Kernel Streaming and i am not using it for PowerDVD as i never got any sync issue with that software. Also make sure you have exact 24HZ output or set it precisely with nvidia control panel if you are using a nvidia card (there might be something similar for AMD cards).

I use a 8800GT. I select 1080p24 setting in NVIDIA control panel.

One other thing. When I select Kernel streaming I don't get any sound in PDVD playing Blurays. I still have Windows sound though.

Last edited:
Back