• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

24p Out of Sync - Help!

qafyg

Hi Everyone,

I've bought an HTPC last month and have been trying to make it work since then. My quest for smooth playback has brought me to Reclock, but no matter what I try I just can't get smooth playback with audio in sync.

I can either user 60hz with nasty stutter but in-sync audio or 24hz, which is quite smooth, but with nasty audio sync issues. Either way it's nasty.

At first I thought my TV or AVR could be messing things up but I can play Blurays with my PS3 connected the same way to my AVR via HDMI at 24p without any apparent stutter or lip sync issues.

I took a screenshot of Reclock running in case someone would spot something strange. One thing I noticed is that my graphic card will settle at 23.975 instead of 23.976 when running at 23hz (Any reason why?) but I assume it shouldn't matter for reclock. At this point I'd really appreciate any hints on how to trouble shoot this, I'm lost.

image.php

www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsbJR8A

A few notes and observations:
I'm using SAF 5.0 Codec Pack from the MediaPortal community.
I've tried FFDShow DXVA Filter and the normal FFDShow filter. Same apparent result.
To the naked eye, Reclock doesn't seem to change much by being on or off. This may be part of the problem. The interface clearly look like it's working though.
At 24p the audio is out of sync right at the start, it doesn't drift out of sync.
I didn't know what a codec was last week!

Here's my config :
TV: Samsung LN52B750
AVR: Yamaha RXV1900 (HTR-6290)
CPU: Intel Core i3-530
Video Card: Sapphire ATI 5670 (Catalyst 10.7)
Motherboard: Gigabyte H57M-USB3
RAM: G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ 2x2GB DDR3-1600
Hard Disk: OCZ Vertex 2 60GB
Power Supply: Seasonic M12D 700W
Bluray: Lite-ON iHOS104
Windows 7 32bit

Thanks!!

a few hints to try:
-try ffdshow
-try another player, and possibly another video renderer(like KMPlayer or PotPlayer using madVR)
-enable the tearing test in Reclock, does it stutter?
-maybe the ATi drivers are at fault, and I don't think pstrip can work w/ the HD5xxx cards..can't really help on that.

your screenshot looks fine, it should be smooth...if it still stutters try to post a Reclock logfile maybe?

try xbmc

I know its kinda not fair for this forum , but i tried reclock many times , always it was faulty somewhere (some files worked perfectly , some didnt).

Since i tried XBMC with Sync playback to Video - not the dsplayer port (which is kinda the same technique reclock uses) , i get really smooth playback on any file... and rarely get lip sync problem or any other ones.

Hope this helps

Back