• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

24P in MediaPortal via ReClock: Avg. FPS and dropped frames

gnavox

Since I've upgraded to a 23.976/24Hz capable full HD plasma and started playing 24P, I've run into problems with audio sync. I use Vista with "Aero" on (to avoid tearing), CoreAVC as decoder and FFDShow Audio Decoder og MPA Decoder for audio. ATI Catalyst Control panel is set to 23Hz and 1920x1080. My frontend is MediaPortal and it is supposed to be able to switched Hz depending on the content played. My TV is a Panasonic TX-P50G10 and my HTPC uses a 780G chipset with ATI HD3200.

When I use ReClock (and im not sure if its set up correctly), I can see that my AVG fps when playing 23.796 content is around 23,5 and I get a lot of dropped frames. Audio is in sync, though. Turning ReClock off, almost no frames are dropped (perhaps 5 in 1000 or so) but the sound is out of sync. Can someone walk me through how to set this up to avoid frame dropping as panning looks bad currently with ReClock on?

How very odd.

I went into ATI Catalyst Control Center and disabled my PC monitor so that only the TV would be enabled. It's basically the same screen, the Panasonic TV, but connected by either VGA or HDMI. Then I changed the refresh rate from 23Hz to 60Hz.

In MediaPortal I enabled the Dynamic Refresh Rate changer. I set the audio renderer to ReClock Audio Renderer and the decoder for video and DVD audio to MPA Decoder.

Now ReClock doesn't display the green symbol anymore, it's yellow instead, but the 1080P and 720P files playback with no frames dropped, perhaps <10 in a whole movie, and the sound seems perfect too.

How come?

Back